+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    The woolies caffatily machines are forever on special half price (about $50). I been told they are the most interchangeable and will take the woolies, aldi, gloria jeans, nespresso, and possibly other brands pods.
    I bought one a while ago and don't mind it. I've only tried the gloria jeans pods. They are fairly weak though.

Most of the pod machines you will need to buy a frother. The cheap ones don't seem to last very long. I ended up buying a sunbeam one for about $80, that seems of much better quality and has out lived all my others.
    That's something else to consider.

I've also got a manual sunbeam machine I bought a few years back. I think this probably makes a nicer tasting cup. Obviously somewhat more effort is needed to make the coffee and froth the milk though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a nespresso pixie and love love love it. Had it for about 2 years now and its still doing strong.

When you buy it it comes with a capsule of each flavour to try. The nespresso app is great for ordering the coffee and it is usually delivered the next day.

ETA: I also have a manual machine and only used it a handful of times because its a pita!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by CupidsVictim; 10-11-2013 at 15:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was very skeptical about pod machines, but after trying all different coffee's on on offer and seeing various Nespresso machines at work, we decided to get a Nespresso U machine.

Love it.

The only problem was the milk frother stopped working after a couple of weeks, sent it back, got a new one, that one died too. So I gave up on it and now I use my thermomix for heating/frothing milk. I know some people had issues with the Nespresso frothers, whilst others have had no problems, so I think it's luck of the draw. But there are frothers out there you can buy separately if need be.

I just love the consistency of pod machines, every cup of coffee tastes the same, there's no variance (unless you vary the pods you use, of course!). It's quick and easy and I just love it.

DH likes a smoother, milder coffee so he drinks an 'intensity 6' pod whilst I make use of the 'intensity 12'. You just have to make sure you keep up on your coffee pod orders with Nespresso, we always order way before we run out so we have a nice stockpile, though it's never taken any longer than 3 days to get an order.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We must have been one of the lucky ones Lillynix. My frother hasn't missed a best and I use it every day! Though I also use the thermie if we have people over as it's easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    The woolies caffatily machines are forever on special half price (about $50). I been told they are the most interchangeable and will take the woolies, aldi, gloria jeans, nespresso, and possibly other brands pods.
    I bought one a while ago and don't mind it. I've only tried the gloria jeans pods.
    They won't take Nespresso pods (my MAP machine is a Caffitaly one) but I do believe Aldi ones fit. The wollies one looks like a cheap version of the Bella. Before I bought the Bella I had Targets cheaper machine that did the Caffitaly pods - was rubbish - leaked, inconsistent heat and lots of grounds in the coffee.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Another Nespresso lover here! So quick and easy. I've had no problems with my milk frother either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    They won't take Nespresso pods (my MAP machine is a Caffitaly one) but I do believe Aldi ones fit. The wollies one looks like a cheap version of the Bella. Before I bought the Bella I had Targets cheaper machine that did the Caffitaly pods - was rubbish - leaked, inconsistent heat and lots of grounds in the coffee.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Don't they? Glad I didn't go out and buy any then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my aldi machine. Fits aldi, map, caffitaly and Gloria jeans pods. All are more cost effective than nespresso. Easy to use. I don't have time for manually fussing in the morning.

Mum has a caffitaly machine and its terrible in comparison.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my sunbeam cafe series. It's manual but pretty easy and fun to make a good coffee. They are a bit more though, $430 or something? At least 5 friends/family have the same model