+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best coffee machines

Im thinking of buying a coffee machine for xmas and am wondering what you all think is a good one.

We are on a budget so for around the $200 mark.

Pod ones???
    Regular ones??
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very particular about my coffee and am not a fan at all of the quality of coffee from the pods.
    Im also not a fan of the fully automatic ones that do it for you.
    I like my manual coffee machine as I have maximum control of how my coffee is made.
    I have a saeco via venezia.

Oh and my advice is Google what u are thinking of buying for reviews and
    More $ doesn't mean better

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second pod coffee machines not being great. It honestly depends what you are after. I got an expresso machine first (could make 2 cups and had the milk steamer attatched) but honestly didn't use it because it was annoying to use- fiddly and took forever when you had guests!

We now have just a drip coffee maker and we LOVE it. Use it every single day with freshly ground vanilla beans. Omg=best. Can make up to 10 cups, you choose how many, and you can set it the night before so you wake up to that fabulous freshly brewed coffee smell.

This is basically ours (we've had ours for about 4 years so this is a newer model!) if the link works.

http://m.harveynorman.com.au/brevill...e-machine.html

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Call me a heathen, but I love my Nespresso machine. We got the basic model with the milk frother. Think its called a U? 3 minutes for the milk to froth and I'm sitting down to a lovely cap.

If you're thinking of getting one, I'd suggest going to the Nespresso shop and trying the coffee first. That way you can see if you like the coffee or not. There's so many different strengths and flavours which is great for us as DH likes strong bitter coffee, and I like a smoother blend, so we each have our own pods for the one machine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What u have to remember with pod machines is that you can't interchange between coffee brands. Some others ate compatible woth certain machines but you mainly have to stick to that brand of coffee

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a MAP Bella pod machine which we got on sale at target for about $130 + bought a milk frother jug for about $30. I love a pod machine, I completely lack the ability to tamp coffee properly and know I'd be endlessly cleaning up grounds spilt by DH. Target and Good Guys were the only places we could get the pods but now Woolworths have started a range and also stock the Gloria Jean's ones that fit. If you want to try the coffee the Good Guys usually do demos of all the machines including MAP, Nespresso etc

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a manual breville coffee machine but found it too much work.

Hubby bought me a nespresso and I love it. The only downside is if you use a mug you need 2 pods to get a good taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the manual breville machine and I loved it except it was loud and messy... We ended up upgrading to an automatic machine (internal grinder) "spidem villa" on the recommendation of a cafe owner friend and I HATE it and I'm tempted to buy another breville!
    It's just as loud, the shots are half the size of a manual machine, and you can't switch from
    Frothing milk back to the shots, so when making multiple coffees you have to do all the shots first or if someone decides they want one (shows up late) after you've made coffees you have to wait 20 minutes for the machine to reset

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a Sunbeam manual coffee maker and it's been great. It's better than the Breville one we had previously.

I can't remember the price but it was definitely under $200.