+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

AF showed up a day after going off the progesterone, so I’m on CD2 today. This cycle will be ‘natural’ until we transfer, then back onto the dreaded progesterone pessaries.

When I called they said my FS didn’t have a ‘work-up’ scheduled for me, but the same thing has happened the last two cycles. This is the first time I’ve done a transfer back-to-back though, and when I last saw the FS he did say he was happy to do a few FET in a row if they came up negative, I just hope he’s happy to do a work-up this time. Sometimes I just wish my clinic/FS would understand us IVF ladies do not have the ‘time’ to wait months to try again, time is ticking!!!

This whole process is so damn frustrating, I feel like I have to crack the whip at my clinic, so I’m seriously thinking of looking into seeing Sue Burmeister at Monash next year for a second opinion, I’ve heard good things about her. I’m going to make some time this week at work to sneak off and book an appointment for Sue in May when we return from Europe.

To those who had the ‘scratch’, what does it involve, is it similar to the transfer?

I had a lovely brunch with my DH today, runny eggs benedict! My reward for getting a BFN during the week, LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, can I join you? I've just had my very first icsi cycle and unfortunately got a BFN. Now having a month off and will begin my mess early December.

hi to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Rarah, Loolu and Lashed! I know the October/November thread was the lucky thread for some but maybe this will be our lucky thread? Lashed it looks like your CD1 was the same as DF and Loolu there is only one day difference with you Hopefully the FET's will be close together!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Again Everyone & Welcome to Rarah11, Loolu, Lashed & Forever waiting - wishing you all the best of luck!!

I have to say this is such a nice thread, warm & fuzzy!!!

HAPPY 30th TONIR1411 - may the dirty thirties also bring you much luck, and everything fabulous!!!! The scratch is just sitting in the transfer chair and they do a literally a scratch to help implantation, apparently it has proven to be quite successful!!!

MiniB - my friend got severe OHSS so couldn't do a transfer straight away, so her little man was in the freezer for 15 months - she did 5 transfers prior to him, and the BEST quality embie didnt make the thaw so it shows you just need to have hope. Her little man is the BEST, I adore him.

Rainbowbabe - the cetrotide is the suppressant drug I believe, it is going to knock all of my smaller eggs out of the race giving me a better chance with others - I do 5 days of just that then start on Gonal F for I think 7 then start the cetrotide again for a few, then a trigegr before P/U of ovidrel!! I wanted to do a non medicated FET, I like the thought of a more natural cycle so sending you and your darling DP how is she feeling?

AFM - bloods they couldnt make a decison on just saturdays apparently so back in tomorrow so will update when I know!!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend, so sad it is over!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post

Sharlee - What CD are you on? What is the Bondi protocol? I noticed you are using that this time. I have seen it before but no idea what it is.
    The DH and I had a pretty busy week end so I haven't been on the hub.I hope I didn't miss too much. Welcome to the couple of new ladies on here. I remember some of you from the other thread. I am sorry you have to be here BFN's always suck.

Rainbowbabe I am on CD6 today. My scan is Monday week. Bondi protocol is primarily used for implantation / immunity issues. I have a really good immunity never get sick so it is lowering my immunity in the hope that this might assist with implantation. It is a clexane needle once per day and steroid tablets from CD1. You and DF are not far of me my transfer at this stage is scheduled for the 3rd December.

Loolu the scratch is sort of like a pap smear. I guess it is a bit more painful but nothing too much. They insert a long tube with a needle on the end and scratch your uterus. I had mine done last week on Monday. I would definitely do it again if it helps. It is meant to assist with implantation. The timing for getting it done is fairly specific so make sure if any of you want to do it talk to FS asap as it has to be done prior to AF CD1.

A big hello to everyone else I hope that you all have a lovely week.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Loolu  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone just thought I would pop in to give you an update on me.

I'm CD9 today had a BT which says I'm coming along good so I'm having another BT and a scan on Wed to check my lining and my follicles so I could be looking at my FET as early as next Tuesday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening All :-)

Sharlee32-that sounds like something I should be doing, I never get sick and have a history of auto immune disorders (one main one and many little ones!)...if next transfer doesn't work I am going to bring that up so thank you for putting that information up :-)

Nezz79 - how exciting, fingers crossed for you!!

AFM - I had my B/T, and am officially booked in for my scratch 12.45 on Wednesday!!! 2 days earlier than they originally had me down for :-) I have worked out if my body reacts the same way it did last time plus the 5 extra days being the sandwich antag cycle I am doing my 2 week wait is going to be over Christmas / New Years!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll reply with personals tonight. At work and falling asleep. Have a bad hayfever today so am feeling tired. CD33 and still not sign of AF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, just checking in as I haven’t had a chance to do so since the first few days the thread was very kindly started by Minib. I hope we are all travelling well and gearing up for a lovely lucky round of BFPs!

I have started on Synarel and Prednisone and will work the cycle dates so that EPU can happen mid-December. I have to say I am a whole lot more anxious the second time around for some reason. I guess the sting of that first BFN still haunts me and makes me wonder if that’s a sign of things to come. It’s a hard road we travel, isn’t it..

Thinking of you all, take care and be kind to yourselves xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!

Loulou: hello and welcome. I hope your clinic has picked up its game. I understand the frustration completely. We hand over an extreme amount of money and assurance and organisation isn't too much to expect! I hope you enjoyed your eggs benedict.

Lashed: welcome to the madhouse! When are you actually going to start? It is a successful journey

Rose: thank you for the bday wishes. 30 is hitting me hard but I am going to embrace it! Good luck on Wednesday with your scratch. I hope it isn't too uncomfortable. This journey is so cruel, a TWW over Christmas/ New Year is just plain old mean!

Nezz: I hope the BT and scan is good news on Wednesday. FET next Tuesday is so close! Time will fly.

Minib: I am sorry you are tired and have hay fever. Hopefully the fatigue is a sign that SHE will arrive soon. I hate this waiting game!

JTM: hello and I hope you have had a good week. I understand about the anxiety. I have just started seeing an acupuncturist to help with mine. It seriously gets the better of us. I am sorry about the BFN- I agree that this cycle will be positive for you

EOE hello and I hope this week has been a good start thus far.

AFM: Saw my FS this morning for a BT. So far, he wants to do a completely natural cycle with a BT and scan at CD12. I am a little bit anxious as my cycles are a little bit longer 30/31 than the reg 28. He has decided to just thaw and let them grow for around 24 hours and transfer. So not too sure when I will transfer but I am assuming I will know more on day 12.

Have a a great week girlies x