+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Definitely Glass half full ... Preferably of Marlborough Sav Blanc
    Even a glass half empty is fine if that means the first half is already in my belly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to be empty, but now full! My mum is a very negative and anxious person, which rubbed off on me growing up. It wasn't until my early 20's that I decided I didn't want to be that way anymore.

I had to make a conscious effort all day, every day to stop the negative thoughts. I read up on neuro linguistic programming and this helped immensely. Basically our brains create neurological pathways, based on the 'most travelled routes' of our thoughts. Like if you were to walk the same way across a field every day, you would eventually create a pathway. Our brain does the same. This means that it can be very difficult not to take that same path over and over again. In order to remove that pathway, we need to interrupt the pattern we are creating, and let the old pathway become overgrown. Each time you catch yourself having a negative thought, make yourself stop (even just by putting a rubber band on your wrist and snapping it each time you catch yourself, to disrupt that train of thought). Then replace the negative thought with a positive one. For example:

Negative: why don't I ever have enough money?

Change to: more money would be great, but I'm grateful I have enough money to keep a roof over my head and food on the table.

This instantly changes your frame of mind. I know it can sound a bit corny, but it works!

Another technique I used was to write down 3 things every night before bed that I had been grateful for that day. This calmed me down and put me in a positive mood before bed. Meaning I woke up happier and more well rested the next day. It also made me appreciate what I have. And whenever I felt down about life, I'd read over those things, and it helped to lift my mood.

The last thing, if the above didn't work and I could stop worrying about something, was to think logically about what the real possibilities might be. Eg. If I was worried about losing my job - ok, so I might lose my job, I might not get another job for a while, so I wouldn't be able to pay rent, which means I'd have to move in with family, and maybe sell my car. So then what? Well, I'd eventually get another job, save up to get my own place again, and eventually have enough to get another car...so would I really be any worse off in the long run? No, it might just take me longer to achieve my goals, and that's no so bad really, i cam handle that. IYKWIM?

I hope you can find some techniques that can work for you. All the best x

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (09-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (10-11-2013),Stretched  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Empty.
    Im a great actor. So only those really close to me would describe me as a pessimist, everyone else thinks I'm bubbly and happy. Like a lot of women that suffer depression and anxiety, I wear my saddness on the inside.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (09-11-2013)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3/4 full I'm that bloody optimistic it's ridunkous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Glass half empty. Things rarely seem to go my way so im a bit of a negative nelly about most things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Empty.
    Im a great actor. So only those really close to me would describe me as a pessimist, everyone else thinks I'm bubbly and happy. Like a lot of women that suffer depression and anxiety, I wear my saddness on the inside.
    This is me exactly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Full, almost all of the time.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Not being a smartar$e, but it's both. I can almost always see good and bad points to a situation. It's annoying because sometimes it seems like I'm a fence sitter.