+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I can be quite cynical but I think I'm fairly positive in my outlook, just gotta get up and keep going. I'm also really aware of the wonderful things in my life and that gets me through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmum2 View Post
    Just be grateful for what you have. You have a partner. Some people don't any luck finding Mr Right. You have three kids. Couples are trying for years to conceive. You could be living in a country where you have no rights as a woman eg Saudi Arabia. Imagine how depressed you will be if you were living there.

Count your blessings. Sometimes we can overlook the most important things in our life.
    Yeah. Sounds easy doesn't it? Well it's not.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to be empty but since I've had children I'm a half full kind of person. I want my children to be positive happy people and I need to model that.

I take time everyday to appreciate what I have. I don't sweat the small stuff and I have made a conscious effort to reject the pursuit of perfection that seems so prevalent now amongst mothers - all that Pinterest sh!t.

There a a few things I do to encourage positivity, one being to try and turn the corners of my mouth up when I'm walking along (not smiling but not a totally passive face), just putting on a positive face can change my outlook. Sounds weird but it works.

At dinner time we always talk about the best and worst parts of our day. At the end of the day when my family is together it's easy to forget the worsts. We always have lots to best parts to choose from and it's hard to find a worst.

Having my health, a husband who loves & respects me, gorgeous children and financial security definitely makes it possible for me to be positive. If I lost any of these things I'm sure I would struggle.
    Last edited by grumpybump; 09-11-2013 at 21:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    As an engineer I can say that the glass is clearly too large for its purpose .

Saying that I usually try to be positive and just work through the bad times. For example now that DD is here I can final see that the 8 years of ttc and the 9 IVF attempts has made me even more appreciative to have such a miracle in my life.

I'm often a bit of fence sitter and like to review things from both points of view. Also like @SassyMummy I sometimes deliberately take the opposite view of people just because their dogmatic 'woe is my life' (or 'I'm so wonderful') just annoys me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Always empty. I can always see the downside to everything, and I don't have many happy memories despite having a very blessed life - there is always something bad to take my attention away from the good things.

Telling me to count my blessings and look on the bright side is like telling someone suffering anxiety to "just relax" or someone who is depressed "just smile". It's unfortunately not so simple!
    I was just going to write pretty much exactly this.
    I wish I wasn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I've always been a glass half full person. I've never had depression or anything like that.

I have no idea how, I've just never felt 'depressed', like in the clinical sense. Even when I have plenty of reason to feel down and depressed about life I seem to remain positive and rarely feel even remotely stressed. Just lucky I guess!
    This is me as well, so full to brimming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the day for me.

However I think I'm good at faking it til I make it as in my personal life apparently my life looks perfect & it seems to annoy people.

I more look at things not as half full/half empty glass but more about timing. When the time is right & the stars align blah blah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't know. I think I can be really inwardly negative and outwardly positive. Or I can spiral and see everything piling up as being crap. Or have patches where nothing sticks, even if bad things happens it's "meh, least we have our health/each other/grateful whatever wasn't worst etc"

It probably also largely depends on how much sleep I've had.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely Glass half full ... Preferably of Marlborough Sav Blanc

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (09-11-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Empty.

Always empty.

You know pessimists live longer

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.