+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you a glass half full or half empty kind of person?

I'm unfortunately a glass half empty person. I really am quite negative just like my mum. I've had issues with depression and anxiety and I'm better than I was but I really want to be a more positive person. DH is a glass overflowing kind of person and I know it gets him down the way I am. Those who are 'full' people how do you do it? When you're tired, broke etc etc . I'm determined to change my out look on life.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a glass half full person 98% of the time. I don't really know 'how' I do it, but I think having depression and anxiety in the past has given me tools to not dwell on what is making me upset. I (try to) live by the mantra 'can't change it- why worry?, can change it- why worry?' Things happen for a reason. Worrying about things you cannot change is such a waste of time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends in what is in the glass and whether I am drinking alone

Seriously though, I fake it till I make it. I too suffer from anxiety and depression at times. I surround myself with positive people and pretend it's all fine, and find then I start to believe my own hype and change my mindset. People comment on how bubbly and happy I am lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a glass half full person. I've had anxiety issues too and like PPs have had to learn the strategies that work for me. My two mantras for this are 'don't sweat the small stuff' and to ask myself 'will stressing about this actually change anything?' (answer is always no!).

It sounds corny but I also make sure to stop and smell the roses, 10 seconds to appreciate thebeauty around you always lifts my spirits. I had AND with DD and this never worked then, so it's also like my meter to check if I'm actually depressed or just feeling flat. When I had depression I could not see the beauty in anything. If I get there again I know it's time to seek medical attention.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Most of the time I'm a half full type person. I always try to see a positive. But occasionally things just get overwhelming and I become a half empty person. I too have suffered depression and anxiety for many years and while for the most part I have learned ways of coping, sometimes it all gets a bit much to deal with on my own.

I try to surround myself with positive people, I look at problems with the mindset that this is what I have been dealt, I just have to pick myself up and move on. My kids and husband can't afford for me to dwell on things, life must go on.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD asked me this the other day. My initial response was, "depends what's in the glass," and then I realised it was always half-empty regardless. It might be, "Dammit... now my wine is half-empty," or it could be, "Yes! This disgusting diet shake is half-empty already! Only the other half to go!"

So, that literal saying doesn't work for me.

I can be both positive or negative. I find that for me, it depends on the situation. I am not overwhelmingly either way, and it often depends on who else is involved. If the other person is particularly negative, I will be positive to counteract their negativity. If they're positive, it will annoy me and I will be negative to add balance.

I don't like people who was constantly negative OR constantly positive. Both irritate me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Half full! I always try to see the positives in situations

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends on what day of the week it is

Sent from my ZTE T82

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've always been a glass half full person. I've never had depression or anything like that.

I have no idea how, I've just never felt 'depressed', like in the clinical sense. Even when I have plenty of reason to feel down and depressed about life I seem to remain positive and rarely feel even remotely stressed. Just lucky I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm an essentially a bubbling, happy person. Or at least I come across that way..I have struggled badly with anxiety and depression in the past but I am now the best I have ever been.

Lots of things are falling into place for me and I am getting happier with my life all the time. Having said that it doesn't take much to annoy me, bad drivers, slow drivers, annoying people. I really need to work on this aspect of myself..