+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default If you knew then what you know now.

Would you change much?
    Would you marry your DH?
    Have children with man you did.?
    Have the children you've got.? Would you have had them when you did?
    I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing. Actually maybe push DH to get better qualifications while he could but that's about it. I'm quite happy with our family unit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only thing I would change is probably go to a few places in the world which I wouldn't go to now with kids. We've travelled so much and have 2 trips booked with DS before he turns one, but I can't imagine taking a bub to do the Inca trail or to places like Egypt so those places are either going to wait a loooong time or be dropped off the list all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret not travelling before having kids. I wish I tried harder at school. Other than that wouldn't change a thing, life hasn't been easy but those struggles have made me a stronger/better person 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you change much?

Yes. I would have taken my education much more seriously than I did. I would have grasped the opportunities I was given in my 20s. I would have bought a house. Would have nurtured my medical career. I would not have gone out with my ex - I would have run the other way! I would not have lived my life on autopilot. Ah...so many things. But you just keep movin'.

Would you marry your DH?

Absolutely. Wish we met earlier. It's been a fantastic marriage.

Absolutely.

Have the children you've got? Would you have had them when you did?

I think anyone regretting the children they have should revisit the meaning of parenthood: you get what you're given and run with that. Absolutely I'd have the children I have although in hindsight, I would have preferred to have them earlier than I did although that's not how life turned out so that's okay too.

Great questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would you change much?
    Yes. I'd change pretty much everything
    Would you marry your DH?
    No.
    No, not my first
    Yes and No. I had my first too early with the wrong person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In hindsight, no, I wouldn't change a thing. I have no regrets. But honestly, if I'd known at 14 when I got together with him what my partner would be like when older (workaholic, likely depression) then it probably would have put me off. I guess I'm glad I didn't know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I wouldn't change a single thing. Where I am in life is exactly where I want to be, with who I want to be and sure ive had my challanges with my kids and rough times beyond my control but I would not change them for anything. I am so blessed to have what I have.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first child at 19, pg at 18. The only thing I truely regret is that I didn't appreciate myself more before having kids. I thought I was fat, always needed gratification from others...but actually I was a perfect weight, smart, funny. If id known this back then I would have enjoyed that time more and spent less time putting myself down! But I am very fortunate that the person who stumbled into my life was mr right and he showed me how awesome I am

I believe everything that has happened in my life has led to the point I'm at now, so I of course wouldn't change a thing, even being pg at 18. ESPECIALLY being pg at 18

Sent from my ZTE T82

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have liked myself more and been kinder to myself. I also would have not hidden my pnd out of shame.

But as for kids and dh and even exdh, no I wouldn't change any of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you change much?

Yes. I wouldn't have had kids so young. We had our first at 20, then 22, then 23. In hindsight I would have liked to have waited til I was at least 25.

I would have loved to have lived it up prior to kids a bit more ie travelling etc. I also wish I took school more seriously gone to uni. I also wish I had of encouraged DH to go to uni before children.

Would you marry your DH?

Yes. He is a great man who is a great husband and an even better father. I do wish that I had sorted out my issues before getting married though.

Yes. As I said above, he is a great father and loves his kids very much.

This is a tricky one. I love all of my kids but having 3 kids is really hard. My eldest would be much better suited as being an only child. I have thought before if I could live in an alternate universe, I would love to just have DS1 and then only have DS2 and 3 in another.