+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Cat74 I think I feel fine.
    Its hard to get used to what you can and cant eat though. Has anyone else had any slip ups?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hun we all have slip ups. It's hard but try not to worry.

Posted too soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, we definitely all have slip ups from time to time. There's no point in stressing yourself out about it though. Our bodies are pretty amazing when it comes to processing foods and fighting infections. I'm not saying to freely eat the stuff on the naughty list but, gosh, it can be limiting sometimes when you're out at a cafe and you're used to being able to eat whatever you want, you really have to hold yourself back sometimes.

Think about it this way, our mothers' generation didn't have all these eating restraints and we all turned out OK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and my husband are thinking about having a baby and wanna be prepared in advanced.
    If im at work, what can I have for lunch that has protein in It, seems like your meant to have so many serves but you cant have any unless u cook and eat straight away. I would be happy with a salad sandwich with no meat just tasty cheese (carbs, fruit and dairy) or reheated pasta with mince sauce made night before. Sups are too high in salt) and everything else too time consuming to cook if u start at 7am.

no meats unless at dinner time
    no soft cheeses no unpasteurized dairy
    no café r takeaway meals really
    no fish really.

no wonder busy people cant meet nutritional requirements. Need easy quick work lunch options.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can have some fish, maybe 2 serves a week?

I would gave a tinned salmon or tinned tuna salad sandwich, egg salad sandwich.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No deli meats
    No sushi

Your freezer becomes your friend. On the weekends I make big batches of things like chicken hotpot, lamb casserole, bolognese, curries, homemade soups (no much salt in those), etc and freeze them in individual portions. These make fantastic lunches and you get that extra serve of protein. Alternatively, have eggs at breakfast.

Other protein for lunch - try tinned tuna/salmon with salad; quinoa; legumes such as beans, chickpeas and lentils.

You still eat at cafes and restaurants you just have to choose your meals carefully. I have gestational diabetes and while it's curbed eating out, it can still be done.

I eat fish at least twice a week, so I'm not sure where you're getting the no fish from. It's really healthy for you, pregnant or not, so you should definitely try to include some in your diet. The one to limit is swordfish - but even that you can have but just can't have any other fish during that same fortnight. I eat salmon, snapper, coral trout, blue-eye travalla, tuna (occasionally), etc, but DH and I have always had fish for dinner two nights a week so it's habit for me.

http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/si... Pregnancy.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Left overs are OK the next day just make sure you heat them until they are ********* hot right through. Like pp said it's important to still eat fish. If eating canned Tuna I *think* it's no more than 3 serves a week due to Mercury levels. Some brands are only half a serve per tin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I agree with Cat - theres no reason why you cant cook some stuff up & freeze it to take for lunch. I did that & put it in the work fridge as soon as I got there & it was usually still frozen at lunch time. I just shoved it in the microwave & heated it until it was steaming.

I think the leftovers thing might be that you cant eat it more than 24hrs after if its been stored in the fridge. Someone correct me if im wrong but I wouldnt have thought its a problem to eat leftovers that have been frozen as long as all of the normal precautions have been taken (frozen straight away, not reheating more than once etc).

When you get pregnant you can ask your caregiver all this stuff - our hospital gave us a info book about foods in pregnancy which was really useful.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, as others have said, leftovers are fine as long as they're eaten within 24 hours and are thoroughly reheated.