+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Without reading other replies - it's so ok!

Unfortunately df is of the 'but they're boys' brigade

Ds1 has a plush Spiderman toy. He got it when he was 1 (and at 7 1/2 still sleeps with it) and used to feed it with his bottles, put his nappies on it and rock it like a baby.

Ha! Ha to you df!!

I think it's great seeing little boys playing with dolls and little girls playing with matchbox cars. You know why? Because they're kids and they're playing!

Stuff the stereotypes!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh wow I havent looked at the older kids section in pumpkin patch, I usually go straight to the baby stuff, guess where im going in the morning now!

It really really gets to me. My son is such a sweet, empathetic kind hearted little boy, I dont want him to lose his positive outlook and I refuse to let people crush him with their outdated ideas!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It was winter stuff I got and I haven't checked to see if they have purple summer stuff. Wouldn't suprise me though. Target also had purple skinny jeans.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013),VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course it's ok!
    DS used to insist on pushing his own stroller with his doll strapped in because "we don't want her to fall out when we go over a bump". He also chose to do ballet when he was 4, as well as picking out his purple leggings and bright pink sequined ballet slippers!
    Unfortunately he quit because my aunt, her three children (6, 4, and 1 at the time), and her 65yr old mother teased my son about ballet and pink being "girl colours"!

You wouldn't bully a girl for wearing blue because it's a "boy colour" or for playing with cars and Lego so why is it any different with boys?

Curiosity didn't kill the cat, the cat killed curiosity...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

baikirashero  (11-11-2013),Chunkydunks  (08-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (08-11-2013),Ellewood  (21-11-2013),giggle berry  (13-11-2013),Mathermy  (09-11-2013),misskittyfantastico  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013),~Marigold~  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I think it's fine!

DS1 loves My little pony and when we were out had the choice between that and Thomas busy book (comes with all the characters). He chose MLP and DF couldn't believe I bought it for him. I told him to get over it, he is 3 and can play with what he likes.

His birthday is soon and when discussing what he wants he said "Ironman, Spiderman, Superman and a dollhouse". I can't get him a dollhouse because we don't have the space but I would love to give him one.

Sorry to go ott.. he has dolls and no one cared when I gave him Jessie from Toy Story. I might ask if he wants a pram

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my husband and I became parents, we did so with the understanding that we would BOTH become parents of this little person and we BOTH would have responsibilities for day to day care. Yes, I stay at home and he goes to work .. but he's not at work 24/7.

My husband is a wonderful father. He gets up in the night, more times than I do, if one of the children wakes. He changes nappies, gives milk, comforts when sick or unhappy - the full works.

By his actions, he is teaching his son to be a caring, loving MAN. He is teaching him that MEN have feelings, can show emotion and give affection.

My 3yr old son is currently fixated with a little baby doll I bought for my 19m daughter. Pretty sure it's the Kmart one - pink jumpsuit with a dummy and a little hat. He brings her shopping with us, makes sure she's strapped in, so she can't fall, cuddles her and talks to her "It's ok baby". Takes her to bed when it's time for him to go to bed, tucks her in. He tells her he loves her and he hopes she sleeps well.

This doesn't make him a girl, this makes him a sensitive little boy who I am very proud of.

Tell your husband to pull his head out of the sand and wake up to realise that he is a role model for the future generation that your son is.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsma10 For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (08-11-2013),Renn  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Both my boys have loved pretend play with dolls, prams, kitchen sets etc... They also love trucks, tractors, trains and dirt.

It's seriously no biggie.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Hubby cracked up laughing at this one!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

JAG242  (09-11-2013),Laydeebugxxx  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for posting VP, I've found it great reading everyone's views and stories. I never really thought about the gender stereotyping for DS whose 4, but his grown up in a commercial kitchen and loves nothing more than cooking, baking & playing mummies and babies with every soft toy/ teddy/ doll he can get his hands on. He loves purple and luckily hubby has no issue with it. Then when DD came along I was very conscious of the toys aimed at little girls- irons, kitchen sets, vacuums, mops. I thought there's no way I'll be buying any of that as the last thing I want is for her to think that it's her duty to do all those things- but reading this thread has me thinking & someone said its important to expose children to all toys to allow them to determine where their interests lies- darn straight! So maybe my DD may be able To play with an iron, should she choose to, after getting off her tractor for a lunch break

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoTi For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-11-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh wow I havent looked at the older kids section in pumpkin patch, I usually go straight to the baby stuff, guess where im going in the morning now!

It really really gets to me. My son is such a sweet, empathetic kind hearted little boy, I dont want him to lose his positive outlook and I refuse to let people crush him with their outdated ideas!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It will happen one day DS loves superheroes and loves Dora. At kinder the kids all have the opportunity to take home and care for a batman figurine or a Dora doll. DS chose Batman but asked to take Dora next time. Well some little sh*t has obviously been in his ear about Dora being 'for girls' and now he won't have a turn with her he's not even 4 yet.

OP they have their interests crushed so so quickly. Not manly enough, not sporty enough, too dorky, the 'wrong' sort of console, last year's action figure. Please let your DS enjoy and experience as many of his interests as you can possibly fit in the few small years that he is open to them.