+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What was the outcome of your conversation with DH?
    I just read him your post and then read him parts of the article someone posted about how good baby dolls are for all children's development. I think he gets it but won't be lining up at the cash register with me. He has just never seen it as part of children's development to have a baby doll, when you look at it like that it almost seems detrimental to not give a child the option of playing with a doll. I'm getting one for DS for Christmas and a stroller too.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This just prompted a thought... A baby doll will be good 'training' for when DS is going to become a big brother next year...
    Exactly what I'm thinking, we're ttc next week!

Also just called my dad and told him to check his emails for a series of links to articles posted here.

Good luck VP, keen to hear how you go with it...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. I hate the gender stereotypes.

Ds has dolls, strollers, play kitchen, a sparkly Dora castle. His favourite color is pink. He also has trucks (including a pink one ), cars and loves playing in a dirt.

He is very gentle with his baby sister, which may or may not be a result of having dolls to "look after".

He is a child. They learn through play. Whatever that play might be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (08-11-2013),VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly it disgusts me that people have a problem with it.

Read the OP to my partner (a man ) who was horrified. To the people saying that it does no harm etc... well yes, I completely agree but my partner wants to know...

what could the possible harm be? Even if you could draw any links, which I find highly unlikely, what "harmful" things could it do? Mean that a boy is more feminine? Make a boy gay? Why on EARTH would those things be bad?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (08-11-2013),FearlessLeader  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yip, I bought DS 2.5 a doll a couple of weeks ago as we r trying to get him used to me holding other babies (he normally cries and gets really upset)

Anyway he loves his doll and feeds it etc and he's now ok with me holding babies

I think it's perfectly fine. I played with cars when I was a kid. What's the diffs?

Men will be holding and playing with their real babies one day, better start learning what to do now.

This is 2013, not 1920!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope my DS dosnt have a doll and has never shown any interested in having one, he likes cars and tools.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got a 6 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. DS had teddies and access to dolls at my mum's house (my old Barbie dolls), as well as cars and trucks etc. DD has had the same access as him, though she's been given more dolls.

I've never had a problem with DS playing with dolls, but he's never been interested. I once bought him a newborn doll in case he wanted to play with it when DD was born....he never once touched it! It ended up in the op shop.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Three boys here and they love nothing more than playing with DD's dolls/dressups/lip glosses/nail polishes. Neither DH nor I have any problems with it.

Boys playing with dolls = learning how to be hands on dads

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2yo DS is currently in love with his sisters Bahhh-bies, and we bought him a cheapie the other week so he could play along with his sister. He pushes a pram, wears a rainbow fair skirt, cuddles dollies.

My brother used to play dollies with me and dress up as a girl. His favourite colour was pink. He spent the last two years touring as a lead guitarist with an Aria nominated hardcore band. It didn't appear to effect his masculinity in the slightest.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had a Dora doll, a pink play set kitchen and I also passed on a pair of new born twin dolls to him that used to belong to me. I never even thought twice about it He is now almost 14 and no longer interested in dolls- there you go, there's your proof- playing with dolls doesn't turn a little boy gay!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 08-11-2013 at 20:09.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS got a doll and pram when he was 2, they became some of his favourite toys. He especially loved the stroller, he would load it full of hot wheels cars and use it to move his toys from room to room.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-11-2013)