+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Reccomendations for Endocronologist in SE Queensland?

Hi there, I'm after recommendations for an endocrinologist in SEQ that is thorough, and doesn't just go by the numbers, but looks at clinical presentation of symptoms as well. I display almost all of the symptoms of hypothyroidism - unexplained weight gain/inability to lose weight (despite exercise and diet), cold hands and feet, heart palpitations, muscle and joint aches and pains, brain fog, puffy neck below adams apple, irregular menstrual cycle, miscarriage. However my TSH, FT3 & FT4 have all come back within the 'normal' range (1.7 / 5.4 / 15). My GP has brushed me off, telling me that there is nothing wrong as the results are 'normal', but my undeniable symptoms say otherwise. I would just put it down to being a new mum, but these symptoms have been ongoing for 3+ years now. I have also come across many websites where researchers and patients have all said that you can still be hypothyroid with normal test results due to other factors (T3 not converting, T4 being blocked, etc). Just at my wits end with feeling this way and need to find someone who will actually thoroughly investigate this for me! Recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    u poor thing, i need a good one here in sydney, hope you find a fab doctor to help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks! Hope you do too!