+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tell your neighbour to soundproof her house. Keep the windows shut, whatever it takes. I'd be curious to know if she can hear them when they're inside too. At the end of the day you're doing the best you can to keep them happy. Some children are more demanding than others, you just drew a double short straw. You're not leaving the kids outside for hours while they cry, and if you don't want to leave your house every morning you shouldn't have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    As long as you're responding to your children in a gentle manner, there's not much else she can expect you to do.

I have a neighbour that complains about everyone and everything. Some people should live on acreage.
    we are only renting and plan to live in the sticks - this has just totally reinforced my decision! I think my family needs space lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    If you come home, can you hear noise inside your house? Honestly, I can hear everything in my neighbour's house - her massively loud telephone, her talking, her cat meowing, the radio, etc - IF my and her windows are open. When I come home to my house and people are home you can't hear unless our windows are open due to insulation, etc.

I've had many neighbours, many painful ones, some downright stupid ones. The easiest and most harmonious thing to do is go inside, close the windows and put some of your favourite music on. If they did this you wouldn't have to restrict outside time. I really think next time your DH is home get him to sit inside with the kids (when they're having a particularly loud moment), go outside and walk around your house and see how far you can hear. I'd be really surprised if they can hear everything from inside their house with their windows closed.
    i will do this. I am curious. Id also like to ask the family on our other side. We are not a loud family and we keep to ourselves.
    Our kids just cry alot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefie View Post
    we are only renting and plan to live in the sticks - this has just totally reinforced my decision! I think my family needs space lol
    It's not you that needs to, it's them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're doing everything you can you can't be expected to do anything more. I mean kids will be kids. I think your neighbor should be a bit more understanding and considerate. You shouldn't feel you've done any wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    i will do this. I am curious. Id also like to ask the family on our other side. We are not a loud family and we keep to ourselves.
    Our kids just cry alot!
    Some just do. The family across the road have a baby who cries a lot. I feel more for them than I pity myself, believe me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Do you happen to live across the road from me? hehe

Honestly, my neighbours on the other side have heard DS3 crying for hours - I know because they came and knocked on the door, handed me a cup of tea and a biscuit and took DS3 outside for 10 minutes to give me a break as they knew I was having a rough time.

THAT is what good neighbours do, and if I had a neighbour with crying kids, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Some just do. The family across the road have a baby who cries a lot. I feel more for them than I pity myself, believe me!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (08-11-2013),Benji  (08-11-2013),Boobycino  (08-11-2013),FrothyFrog  (08-11-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (08-11-2013),Mahjong  (08-11-2013),MilkingMaid  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Do you happen to live across the road from me? hehe

Honestly, my neighbours on the other side have heard DS3 crying for hours - I know because they came and knocked on the door, handed me a cup of tea and a biscuit and took DS3 outside for 10 minutes to give me a break as they knew I was having a rough time.

THAT is what good neighbours do, and if I had a neighbour with crying kids, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    that is really, really lovely of your neighbours. i wish i lived in a neighbourhood filled with all these understanding bubhubbers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beefie For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some neighbors are so precious - I had one introduce herself while we were moving in and made a comment on the screen door banging; I was holding a couch at the time and hadn't even stayed one night yet!
    Although my neighbour continued complaining on and off for four years... (The dryer was an issue for her) we were always polite and nothing got nasty.
    Just keep going about your day as you normally would OP - she may have been having a bad day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i think if you read back in the thread, i have explained myself.
    They are not in the yard sun up sun down all day every day.
    Your op says your kids scream and cry all day. I didnt mean you spent all day outside. I probably worded it wrong. Sorry

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app