Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    The neighbour will just have to HTFU.
    HTFU? They're in their 60s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by unsullied View Post
    Of course there is. She can actually talk to her neighbour and try and find a compromise solution. Perhaps the neighbour likes to sleep in at weekends, Op can take her kids to the park or the pool in the morning. Yes kids cry and make a lot of noise, but it is not normal for kids to cry and scream all day. The OP needs to address this. Is is not normal behaviour and it is not acceptable behaviour for a neighbour to have to put up with.
    I dont know what else we can possibly do because we do this aready! We just dont work around the lives of our neighbours. Which, imo would be quite bizzare. Unless of course the exception would be a shift worker, but they are HOME ALL DAY. I cant imagine talking to my neighbour about "oh, i had a late night last night drinking filthy beer, smoking and watching SBS, could you keep the kids inside untill i say so?".....GOD NO.
    Weekends we are barely even home. DH takes them out shopping and for lunch on a sun and we usually go into town markets on a sat an home for sleeps, maybe out again for an early tea.
    We have a routine and we already have daily activities to go to. I cant swap and change them.
    DD is in daycare wendesays and i take ds out shopping - we are not around wendnesdays!
    It may not be "normal" to cry all day but my kids do. What is not normal is the parent sitting around on FB while they cry. This is not me. I bend over backards for these kids then do backflips for them. Its never enough.
    I must have caught her in a ****ty mood already....
    Last edited by Beefie; 08-11-2013 at 12:33.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beefie For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (08-11-2013),Mulva  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ***considers the possibility that unsullied may be another of beefie's p'd off neighbours***

Surely somebody has the right to bring their children out into their own backyard...so what if they scream, so what if they cry...

Yes, neighbours should be courtious to eachother, so why didn't the old bat stick her head over and ask if OP needed any help with the kids?? Rather than creating an uncomfortable situation??

Sent from my ZTE T82

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pregalicious For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (08-11-2013),Miados2007  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP - squirt her with the hose next time

In all seriousness, ignore her. She probably thought her advice was helpful (clearly it wasn't).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in my 20's an i dont even know what HTFU stands for? is it a Bub hub thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Living next door to a young family with little kids? Poor neighbours

I can think of so many worse neighbourhood scenarios for these people due have to endure. The OP is not home all day with her kids screaming outside. It is a periodic annoyance for these people that happens maybe once or twice a day.

OP, I think your neighbour is really rude. If it is a genuine issue for them, they should have the decency to come and talk to you about it like adults, not make snide comments over the fence.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Benji  (08-11-2013),Mahjong  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefie View Post
    I am in my 20's an i dont even know what HTFU stands for? is it a Bub hub thing?
    It means harden the f*** up

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefie View Post
    It's an acronym for "harden the fück up", primarily used by teenagers. I think Benji was trying to sound cool or ghetto or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    OP, I think your neighbour is really rude. If it is a genuine issue for them, they should have the decency to come and talk to you about it like adults, not make snide comments over the fence.

Thats what i thought, i just had no warning that we were even ****ing her off. Half the time i dont even realise she is out side too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast