+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    I would look into why they are crying all the time & ways to handle it. I know kids cry & can be noisy if they are playing but the OP has said they cry all the time. My neighbours 2 kids would cry a lot & whilst I never said anything it was annoying.

I have a teenager & a toddler and I'm very conscious of how much noise they make because I think it's important to be considerate of our neighbours.
    I was going to say the same thing but was worried about getting jumped on. I think OP that you should try and figure out what is making them scream all day and how to reduce that.
    I certainly don't think you need to keep them silent, but you have admitted they scream and tantrum out in the yard for all to hear for much of the day.

That kind of noise ALL day would drive me batty.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

BubinDec  (08-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Perhaps her neighbour could have been kinder, popped over and mentioned it nicely, like "you seem to be having a rough time, just thought I'd see if I can help, have you tried *insert idea here* instead of sticking her head over the fence and basically telling OP her kids need more sleep as if its that simple.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't think there's a lot you can do. I'd just go about your life as normal.

Funnily enough I was just thinking my elderly neighbours are SO loud. Seriously their voices carry on for miles. They sometimes do it in the middle of the night, too. They were just out there saying goodbye to friends and I can hear them over my earphones! That's just the nature of suburbia. Noises happen unfortunately!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I don't think there's a lot you can do.!
    Of course there is. She can actually talk to her neighbour and try and find a compromise solution. Perhaps the neighbour likes to sleep in at weekends, Op can take her kids to the park or the pool in the morning. Yes kids cry and make a lot of noise, but it is not normal for kids to cry and scream all day. The OP needs to address this. Is is not normal behaviour and it is not acceptable behaviour for a neighbour to have to put up with.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unsullied For This Useful Post:

BubinDec  (08-11-2013),SuperGranny  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unsullied View Post
    Of course there is. She can actually talk to her neighbour and try and find a compromise solution. Perhaps the neighbour likes to sleep in at weekends, Op can take her kids to the park or the pool in the morning. Yes kids cry and make a lot of noise, but it is not normal for kids to cry and scream all day. The OP needs to address this. Is is not normal behaviour and it is not acceptable behaviour for a neighbour to have to put up with.
    I wouldn't want to talk to anybody who had previously given me a lecture about 'putting the kids to bed more'. The OP shouldn't have to change her life for her neighbours. It's suburbia.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. My kids have always been difficult. They have always been cry-ers. I honestly do everything in my power to keep them happy.
    They go outside for periods of 10-15mins before they are over it and we go back inside and do something else. So not at all do I keep them out for long, I can't they get bored!
    they are in a brilliant routine. Sleep really well and thru the night. They both nap close to 3hrs in the middle if the day! We r literally outside for maybe half hr mid morning and same of an arvo. Maybe they can hear inside too??
    ds is teething so cries even more. It's mainly the crying from ds that I feel is the issue.
    they have never suffered reflux if any of the sort. No intollerences. They're kinda normal little kids, just very demanding and needy - and they cry!
    i took them for a walk this morning. For 2 hours. Ds had his morning nap, dd had a play at the park. I can't be out all day it's exhausting for us all.
    i hate that I'm now trying to keep out of my neighbours way.

when she made her comment I just said "ok thanks..." I was a bit shocked she was quite rude. My kids cry all the time and all of a sudden she's really abrupt about it.
    I don't know. My neighbours r in their 60's and are home all day so I guess they get the grunt of it. Can't they go out? Lol
    Last edited by Beefie; 08-11-2013 at 12:05.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Beefie For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't want to talk to anybody who had previously given me a lecture about 'putting the kids to bed more'. The OP shouldn't have to change her life for her neighbours. It's suburbia.
    Lecturing her kids about bedtimes etc is unacceptable, but so is the noise emanating from the OPs house. She needs to do something about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by unsullied View Post
    Lecturing her kids about bedtimes etc is unacceptable, but so is the noise emanating from the OPs house. She needs to do something about it.
    Definitely some duct tape over their mouths.

Neighbours are just sometimes unreasonable and it's annoying. I had one who I shared a wall with and she'd bang on my door every time I put the TV on quietly and said it 'vibrates through her wall'. Sometimes it ain't the noise that's the issue but precious, annoying neighbours. A few minutes of some kids being whingy in the backyard never hurt anyone.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013),Purple Lily  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely some duct tape over their mouths.

Neighbours are just sometimes unreasonable and it's annoying. I had one who I shared a wall with and she'd bang on my door every time I put the TV on quietly and said it 'vibrates through her wall'. Sometimes it ain't the noise that's the issue but precious, annoying neighbours. A few minutes of some kids being whingy in the backyard never hurt anyone.
    It's not a few minutes though and it's not whinging. Op has already stated that her kids scream all day. That is not acceptable. You live in suburbia and you have to expect and accept a certain level of noise. Dogs bark and people have parties and kids cry and scream. But there comes a point, that it is unacceptable. E.g a dog barking for 3+ hours a day, parties going to 2am, kids screaming all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    they aren't outside all day though. The neighbour will just have to HTFU.