+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My neighbour is an a hole.

My two little kids cry a lot. All day they scream and cry no matter what I do. They like being out doors so I take them out the back a fair bit. The cry just as much for whatever reason. Mainly ds who is constantly never happy unless in my arms. Dd screams when something doesnt go her way or she can't do something. For me, I'm not as tense with them out doors.

My neighbour (old) popped her head over the fence when both kids were crying at one stage and said "you should put them to bed more, I've never known kids to scream and carry on so much..."

now, I don't want to take them in the back yard and I'm forever trying to keep them quiet. Which is pretty much impossible.

Ppl can be so mean.
    My only other option is to stay out all day every day. We are out most mornings but home every arvo.

What at would you do ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My children are similar and I've often wondered if the neighbours are going to say something. They havent *yet*. My kids scream so, so much and are really, really loud. But they're just little kids.

I would ignore your neighbour. You're not doing anything wrong. IMO, your neighbour butting into your life and dishing out parental advice when its not wanted is in the wrong. Honestly, that's just rude!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Salty For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If it were me, I'd tell her to mind her own business. You shouldn't have to give up spending time in your own yard. Kids make noise- whether they are happy or sad- and I bet any money if they were happily playing and being kids she would still complain about them making noise.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

LlamaMa  (08-11-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tell her to mind her own business. Kids make noise and cry. In saying that my neighbours drive me mad when their grandkids are over - they cry all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Hugs, bloody neighbours!

My DS3 has been a very unhappy baby, he has severe reflux, colic and is CMPI, as a result he cries - a lot and sometimes for hours at a time non stop. We walk the floor with him for hours.

Our old neighbours werw awful, they'd tell me to shut that f'ing baby up, and that we're creating a noise disturbance by him waking up crying through the night - and this is INSIDE my own home.

Bottom line is she can't do anything about it, your doing a fantastic job and if she doesnt like it, though luck! Dont let her affect how you parent, just do what you need to do.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tell her to mind her own business and it's not like they're crying on her property.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tel her if she hasn't got anything nice to say then she shouldn't say anything at all. It's your yard and they are being kids. She can sod off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP has admitted her kids cry all day and they like being outside, sorry but screaming kids can be as annoying as a yappy dog. The neighbours have a right to a bit of peace and quiet. yes they do need to accept that with kids or dogs there will be some noise, but kids crying all day and being outside for long periods isn't acceptable.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to unsullied For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    There is a huge difference between a dog and a baby, and OP has also said she is doing everything she can to keep her kids happy. Most people would be understanding, its not like shes sending her kids out to cry whilst she sits inside ignoring them.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (08-11-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    There is a huge difference between a dog and a baby, and OP has also said she is doing everything she can to keep her kids happy. Most people would be understanding, its not like shes sending her kids out to cry whilst she sits inside ignoring them.

So the neighbour has a problem and your solution is for the OP to tell the neighbour to suck it up. That's basically what you're saying isn't it?