Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    I would except I am saving up all my extra money to pay for my next IVF cycle.
    Yeah and she is using her money to feed her kids. Get off your high horse.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (08-11-2013),atomicmama  (08-11-2013),callmedragon22  (09-11-2013),CleverClogs  (08-11-2013),CupidsVictim  (08-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (08-11-2013),gizmoduckus  (08-11-2013),HearMeRoar  (08-11-2013),IvyRain  (08-11-2013),Lincolns mummy  (08-11-2013),MarchMumma  (08-11-2013),meljemillie  (08-11-2013),Miados2007  (08-11-2013),Niki24  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013),Pregalicious  (08-11-2013),Purple Lily  (08-11-2013),RobinSparkles  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This was the qustion posted? and I answered it. I don't agree with shooting an animal unless it is for the purpose of ending their pain quickly. Euthanasia is much kinder. To those saying she can't afford it. Well why have a pet? What happens if the pet had gotten very sick? Would it not be taken to a vet then? Euthanasing a dog costs $50 at my vet. Like others have mentioned some vets do payment plans. Another option would be borrowing the money from a friend or relative. There are ways to get money when you need it.
    I don't agree with shooting the dog either but I disagree with you re borrowing money. She has explicitly said she is going through a difficult relationship breakup and that she has contacted the ranger. There is no need for her family to not have pets just because she's having a tough run lately.

I suspect the shooting comment was said in a time of extreme emotion/anger at the fact her kitten was killed and she is understandably upset. I'm glad she's had time to think it through and contact places before doing anything drastic. I think the ranger is the best option because the kids sound devastated at the kitten being gone, I suspect having their dog shot on top of that would have made the situation much, much worse. This way they can be told he's gone to a new house where he can't hurt anyone but he's OK and cared for.

I hope you're ok OP

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-11-2013),Purple Lily  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would except I am saving up all my extra money to pay for my next IVF cycle.
    Thats great! Shes trying to feed herself and her kids...not as simple as going without is it?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-11-2013),TimeForWine  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This was the qustion posted? and I answered it. I don't agree with shooting an animal unless it is for the purpose of ending their pain quickly. Euthanasia is much kinder. To those saying she can't afford it. Well why have a pet? What happens if the pet had gotten very sick? Would it not be taken to a vet then? Euthanasing a dog costs $50 at my vet. Like others have mentioned some vets do payment plans. Another option would be borrowing the money from a friend or relative. There are ways to get money when you need it.
    My vet charges almost 300 so not everyone is that lucky. To borrow money would mean needing to pay it back, the op has already stated there is no money atm.

It is a sad fact of life that many animals get shot on farms and in rural areas, and I actually don't think it is against RSPCA rules or illegal if you are rural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you will find shooting an animal without proper testing is classed as cruelty and is an offence.There are other options. Before having Pets become educated. If your finances are not enough don't have them. I am not being nasty but animals are family members who incur unexpected costs..

Contact Newcastle dog rescue and they can assist in finding some help in Lismore

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyla For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Yeah and she is using her money to feed her kids. Get off your high horse.

I was never on any high horse. Now your just being rude to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Lyla  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    How is it so hard for people to understand circumstances change and people can struggle due to unexpected reasons?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-11-2013),HearMeRoar  (08-11-2013),onionskin  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyla View Post
    I think you will find shooting an animal without proper testing is classed as cruelty and is an offence.There are other options. Before having Pets become educated. If your finances are not enough don't have them. I am not being nasty but animals are family members who incur unexpected costs..

Contact Newcastle dog rescue and they can assist in finding some help in Lismore

But this is what some of us are trying to say: Family gets a couple of pets when money is plentiful. Circumstances change, money dries up how can people know what will happen in the future? The most money stable people can lose everything within the blink of an eye. See how Its not as easy as saying don't have pets if you can't afford them?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-11-2013),Benji  (08-11-2013),Miados2007  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyla View Post

Did you read the bit where she's arranged for the ranger to get the dog? Perhaps you should become educated on the entire post before you comment. She's doing the best she can in the situation she's in.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

Benji  (08-11-2013),Niki24  (08-11-2013),Star Light  (08-11-2013)

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Take the dog to a vet and get it euthanised. Don't speak crap about not being able to afford it. Find the money and you or your kids go without something for a week, do whatever it is not very espensive. Our dog was actually free to put down (at 15 yrs old) because we have a kind hearted vet. Anyhow regardless of the cost you got the dog, so you now need to deal with the issue in a humane way.
    I was never on any high horse. Now your just being rude to me.
    Well I figure it seems to be the order of the day. You are being rude to the Op. I just think before you jump on her you should maybe consider she posted in an extremely emotional state and she dosent need to hear she is talking 'crap'

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast