Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in a rural area, just because it happens it doesn't make it right

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    Do we take him to the vet or do we take him out & shoot him( vet is looking too expensive ATM )
    This was the qustion posted? and I answered it. I don't agree with shooting an animal unless it is for the purpose of ending their pain quickly. Euthanasia is much kinder. To those saying she can't afford it. Well why have a pet? What happens if the pet had gotten very sick? Would it not be taken to a vet then? Euthanasing a dog costs $50 at my vet. Like others have mentioned some vets do payment plans. Another option would be borrowing the money from a friend or relative. There are ways to get money when you need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Because they know what's coming they're tied up with a gun pointing at it! It's ********. With a needle they just peacefully drift off to sleep there is no pain
    Have you taken a dog to the vet that doesn't want to go? My dog freaks out about having his temperature taken. Just because the needle is painless doesn't mean the dog wouldn't experience anxiety beforehand.

Anyway, OP has a solution now with the ranger coming so anyone worried about the dog getting shot can put their minds at ease.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Things happen, circumstances change, people fall on hard times, how hard is that to understand? And not everyone has people to borrow money off. If you believe that its that simple, im sorry but I find thay a very narrow point of view.

You could have said you dont agree with shooting an animal without being condescending and rude. Others managed to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (08-11-2013),atomicmama  (08-11-2013),harvs  (08-11-2013),IvyRain  (08-11-2013),twotrunks  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    This was the qustion posted? and I answered it. I don't agree with shooting an animal unless it is for the purpose of ending their pain quickly. Euthanasia is much kinder. To those saying she can't afford it. Well why have a pet? What happens if the pet had gotten very sick? Would it not be taken to a vet then? Euthanasing a dog costs $50 at my vet. Like others have mentioned some vets do payment plans. Another option would be borrowing the money from a friend or relative. There are ways to get money when you need it.
    Then if you find it so easy to find money, PM the OP and offer to put the $$ in her bank to pay for the dog to be euthenised. Telling the OP she's feeding you "crap" is a load of nonsense. And rude.

OP, I'm glad you found a solution. I understand how it's normal for people who grew up rurally or grew up with people who run/own farms (particularly during drought time) to euthanise their own pets. I also know as callous as it may sound it's a hard and often heart breaking decision and isn't meant to come across as uncaring and cruel.

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-11-2013),Atropos  (08-11-2013),Lauzy  (08-11-2013),Purple Lily  (08-11-2013),Star Light  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Op I am sorry you are going through such a tough time but I am very glad you didn't take the shooting option. The only reason I said to not take that road is because I worry about the pain the animal would be in if the bullet didn't kill straight away, but I am a big softy when it comes to fur babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Take the dog to a vet and get it euthanised. Don't speak crap about not being able to afford it. Find the money and you or your kids go without something for a week, do whatever it is not very espensive. Our dog was actually free to put down (at 15 yrs old) because we have a kind hearted vet. Anyhow regardless of the cost you got the dog, so you now need to deal with the issue in a humane way.
    Omg what is your problem? You have no right to preach to the op about her finances and lecture her on going without. She already is going without as explained in her in post. You honestly think she saw this coming and could have budgeted for it? Like she said the dogs well taken car of. I just cant believe your attitude. Get off your high horse and see the actual human involved in all this who's heart is breaking for her family, the poor kitten and her DOG.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-11-2013),IvyRain  (08-11-2013),Lauzy  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Then if you find it so easy to find money, PM the OP and offer to put the $$ in her bank to pay for the dog to be euthenised. Telling the OP she's feeding you "crap" is a load of nonsense. And rude.

OP, I'm glad you found a solution. I understand how it's normal for people who grew up rurally or grew up with people who run/own farms (particularly during drought time) to euthanise their own pets. I also know as callous as it may sound it's a hard and often heart breaking decision and isn't meant to come across as uncaring and cruel.

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

I would except I am saving up all my extra money to pay for my next IVF cycle.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    FFS. Give the poor woman a fecking break! Her SON just presented her with a MAULED kitten, bawling her eyes out. She has a laundry room full of blood and **** from the attack. The dog has snapped at her children. She loves the dog, has had it for four years and by all accounts it has received all needles, vet care etc etc up to this point. Her partner has left her and she has NO money. She asked a question yes, but that doesn't give you the right to sink the blardy boot in!!!! Jesus. Hugs op, Im glad the ranger is going to come and take the dog. xxx

15. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (08-11-2013),atomicmama  (08-11-2013),Atropos  (08-11-2013),baikirashero  (08-11-2013),beebs  (08-11-2013),Bonezart  (08-11-2013),Bunny Lover  (08-11-2013),callmedragon22  (09-11-2013),Chippa  (08-11-2013),CleverClogs  (08-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (08-11-2013),Elijahs Mum  (08-11-2013),emzluvbub  (08-11-2013),Gothel  (08-11-2013),HippyGirl85  (08-11-2013),IvyRain  (08-11-2013),Miados2007  (08-11-2013),MilkingMaid  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-11-2013),Purple Lily  (08-11-2013),RobinSparkles  (08-11-2013),shelle65  (08-11-2013),Star Light  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Things happen, circumstances change, people fall on hard times, how hard is that to understand? And not everyone has people to borrow money off. If you believe that its that simple, im sorry but I find thay a very narrow point of view.

You could have said you dont agree with shooting an animal without being condescending and rude. Others managed to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Exactly what I was trying to say. How hard is it to have some bloody compassion or even tact when you are answering such an emotional op. Suggesting she never has another pet is ridiculous and of no help to the op. Start a new thread if you're that concerned about people not being able to afford pets. You might actually change your mind when you see that things happen and circumstances change. For some Its not so black and white or simple and Its not always an option to borrow.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-11-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast