+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are you doing for Christmas lunch/dinner?

I hope it's not too early. But I love hearing about what everyone has for Christmas lunch, every family is different and has different traditions.

I will be travelling interstate to be with family over Christmas, so I won't be doing the cooking this year usually we do a big Christmas ham, fresh prawns and chicken for lunch. I make a yummy salad with mango, avocado, prawns and macadamia nuts. Because we do such a big lunch, dinner is usually just nibbles and drinks.

What will you be having for Christmas lunch/dinner?

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll be at work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 08-11-2013 at 07:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Xmas is at our house this year ( it alternates between us and mum and dad ) we will have my side here Xmas morning/ lunch , friends and drop ins Xmas night and DH family Boxing Day

I'm just starting to work out the menu but normally mum cooks a turkey , duck and chicken the night before to have cold at lunch and dad and my brother go to the fish market Xmas eve to get fresh seafood which we will usually BBQ ( plus cold prawns and oysters ) plus salads , sides and my SIL makes Xmas pudding for dessert ( which dad hides money in - will be fun watching 3 year old DS find the money !)

Dinner is usually finger food/ creative left overs then Boxing Day is usually similar but not as much food as there are not as many people !

I'm thinking we might do scallops and mud crab this year but I'm still working on it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be staying well away from the turkey, ham, trifle, plum pudding type lunch/dinner. I can't stand any of that food. Instead I will make a few great salads and some seafood and I may indulge in a crème brulee and a few cocktails followed by a glass of my favourite wine. My kids will decide what they would like as their 'Christmas food' and my son will get a special bottle of German non alcoholic beer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be hosting Christmas Eve, the spending the morning at my sisters exchanging gifts. Then we are off to a restaurant buffet with friends for lunch-CAN'T WAIT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We will be doing our normal xmas, we are hosting this year. Not sure how many are coming yet!

Breakfast: eggs and bacon

Lunch: hot. roast chicken, pork, turkey, lamb, roast potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, melody all gratin (cauliflower carrot and broccoli in white sauce, topped with cheese and baked, corn cobs, peas and beans, gravy, apple sauce. A cold ham. its done buffet/family serve yourself style on the table and we all eat around the table.
    The table also has xmas fruit platters, nuts, lollies, xmas pudding and xmas cake, custard and cream.

Dinner: left overs, cold meat and salads.

We usually have left overs for a week... :/

Other traditions....
    Xmas eve we buy dinner and eat at the beach, kids seen santa and theres heaps of free activities.
    Come home, kids to bed.

Xmss morning, wake everyone early, kids check out santa pressies while someone does a round of coffees, then we all sit in the lounge and my dad hands out the presents.
    Once they are opened, its usually the guys do the putting together of gifts, play with the kids, the women cook breakfast and start lunch. Then we just go with the flow. We allll usually nap after lunch, though I may not get that luxury this year as my toddler has cut out his day sleeps! Maybe he will be so exited he will sleep?

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're trekking to my parents house 9 hours away. Will open presents at my parents in the morning. Drinking. Champagne and orange juice while dad hands out the Christmas presents for under the tree. Then always have ham and eggs for breakfast.

We'll have lunch at my brother and SIL house because they've got a pool. Lunch will just be seafood, some cold some on the BBQ. Also salad.

We're aiming for very casual this year. We rented a house on the coast last year it was so casual and we loved it. Hope it to te the same again!