+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gender swaying diet...

Having a 2 year old ds we would love to complete our family by trying to sway for a girl. I've read a number of articles one of which talks about calcium supplements actually having the opposite effect due to them being strongly alkaline?? Iv researched foods but it gets so confusing high calcium and magnesium but low sodium and potassium! Im so confused! ... also i was thinking about taking a magnesium supplements but im already taking elevit in preparation for ttc and I thought too much was dangerous. ..please give advice on what worked for you!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?? Please?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    all i have known and from experience of friends and family, if you are "trying" for a partuicular gender. You pretty much will get what you are "trying" for.
    Ive had 3 friends all gender sway - all got what they were trying for.
    Some went on funny diets, some timed DTD and tracked O.
    So i guess it all works!

Me, for DD, i did not get an AF before i fell pregnant after coming off the pill.
    For DS i waited for a cycle for AF to return after i came of contraception (took 3 cycles) and it was about 2 weeks after that AF that we started actively TTC.
    So it was all about timing for us, i believe.
    The closer to O you DTD the higher chanes of a boy because male sperm is faster.
    The further away from O you DTD the higher chances of a girl because the girl sperm is slower but lives longer.
    If i was gender swaying i would be tracking/temping O. I dont think the diets do much at all.
    Last edited by Beefie; 08-11-2013 at 13:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found this on a gender sway site, research shettles method good luck

FOOD TO GET A GIRL

As much milk as possible (1 1/3 pints or 770 ml per day). Fresh cream, yogurt.
    Limited meat or fish (1 1/4 OZ or 125 g per day).
    Unsalted butter, unsalted soft cheese.
    Milk puddings.
    Salt-free wholemeal bread, crisp-bread and pastry, without yeast.
    Rice, pasta, semolina, tapioca.
    Limited amount of potatoes.
    Fresh or, frozen carrots, green beans turnips, aubergines, onions, leeks, peas.
    Cucumber, radishes, peppers, cress, celeriac, celery.
    Unsalted walnuts, hazelnuts almonds, peanuts.
    Fresh, frozen or tinned apples, pears, clementines, strawberries, raspberries. Tinned only pineapples, plums and peaches, all without syrup. Jam once daily, sugar, honey.
    Vegetable oils, spices, home-made sauces without salt.
    Mineral water.

FORBIDDEN WHILE TRYING FOR A GIRL

Salt and salt substitute. All salted or smoked foods, including salty cheese.
    Coffee, tea, tinned fruit juice, fizzy drinks.
    Wine, beer, cider, liqueurs, aperitifs.
    All meat and fish, except for daily allowance above.
    White bread, pasties and biscuits, unless salt-free crisps.
    Sweetcorn, popcorn, parsley, spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, courgettes, endive, avocados, fennel, raw tomatoes, soya beans, dried peas and beans.
    All fresh fruit except those listed above as allowed; dried fruit. Chocolates and sweets.
    Bicarbonate of soda and all prepared sauces.
    All ready-made dishes whether tinned, fresh or frozen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KillerHeels, how are you? I swayed for our third baby. I believe the daily dose for calcium is between 1200mg and 1800mg (I got all my info from an American swaying website, not sure if I can name it here, but shouldn't be too difficult to google, so please double check the daily dose as I am going from memory). I got my suppliments from Chemist warehouse and the calcium one was 'Mega Potency' or something like that, which had about 700mg in it, so I think I took 2 a day. DH and I took the suppliments for about 6 weeks, also magnesium and cranberry mega tablets, and heaps of cranberry juice. We both also took pseudoephedrine (the real one)for the days when we DTD. We chose cutoff rather than 0+12 as I had regular ovulation (down to the hour or so- it always seemed to be at about 9am on day 14 according to MaybeBaby). We did almost full 4 day cutoff before ovulation. So, we DTD twice a day from end of period to day morning of day 10, then nothing at all for the rest of the cycle. I thought 4 days out would be too far, but we fell pregnant first cycle. Some people go further out eg: 5 days. We also did missionary only, shallow penetration, no big O, jump and dump. I did eat a lot of dairy- the trick is to try and avoid salt as best you can I think, as well as food high in potassium, and red meat (All my favourite things!). Also, many people favour 0+12. I don't know if it made a difference, but I thought it was worth a try, so I roped DH in for an attempt. I think the 4 day cutoff and the pseudo (which seemed to dry me out TMI) made a slight difference, although of course, I'll never know. Also, both our boys were conceived on or near ovulation. All the best. x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Wheaty  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the pseudo ?? Also how long before ttc did you start the diet? I'm such a salt lover and I don't eat much dairy so I hope its not for long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pisang, pseudo is pseudoephedine which is in Sudafed- but in recent years, they have introduced new ingredients that mimic pseudoephedrine, but are called something different. You need to make sure you get genuine pseudoephedrine. x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

pisang  (08-11-2013)