+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    We live in a new area but are surrounded by grass land. At my parents I already have certified copies of all of our birth certs and marriage etc. in a storage tub in our garage I have 6 nappies (3 in nappies), a change of clothes for all of us (just shorts and t shirts), the original birth/marriage certs, a Tupperware tub of formula (enough for 5 bottles- in case we are evacuated and I'm not here with my boobs) I change the formula on the 1st of each month, and enclosed shoes for everyone. Last time we evacuated the fire was 100m away before we knew so everyone jumped in the car barefoot I had just gotten home from work so was in the shower so I left in undies and a t shirt. In the boot of both cars are my SES overalls and boots.
    Good idea about already having some clothes packed. I can spare a few bits and pieces for each of us.

Was talking to some mums at play group this morning (one a neighbour) and it sounded just mad last time as the first they saw were flames on the hill and 5 mins later there were smaller ones in each direction!

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Just found an Australia wide one emergency aus and you can set it to your location. It seems good and will send notifications of close fires, plus lists planned burns etc.

Thanks so much for the tip!
    Awesome. You are most welcome good luck this season

Sent from my ZTE T82

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregalicious For This Useful Post:

shani2  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In January we left with insurance policy, dogs, 20 cricket shirts,two saddles and the clothes we were wearing.
    I think a fire blanket in the car and water would be a good idea too.
    I'm keeping all our documents at my sisters in town this summer so we don't have to think about grabbing them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another thing to do with documents is scan and email to yourself / relative so you always have access to that information.

I am in suburbia but my dad and step mum are on acreage in a high risk area. They have a bag kept in the boot of each car with a change of clothes, mini toiletries, bottle of water, muesli bars and some dog biscuits. Then the tub is kept inside with important documents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app