+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. We have no credit cards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, not really, but it's not dire either. We're in a little debt, but we are making our repayments on time and don't struggle very often

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, we don't have any credit cards and the only loan with have is a car loan which is not much because we saved 50% of the deposit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we do. We don't have any debt other than our mortgage and we've never had a credit card.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have zero debt and I mean zero.

We have savings.

We have everything we need, 2 nice cars and a household of nice furniture etc etc.

If money is tight I have to dip into savings and then I struggle to pay it back.

We rent and the savings is to go towards our house deposit.

My weekly incoming is $1400, my set bare basics budget outgoing is $1100.

I'm talking rent, food, fuel, phi, gas, electricity, water. Braces and gym membership, 2 x car insurance & home contents. It includes foxtel, home phone, 2 mobiles & internet. All my utilities go over what I've budgeted by about $200 per quarter roughly. Phi keeps going up and I always spend more on food than I budget.

We don't take holidays ever
    We have takeaway pizza probably once a week $35 roughly. We would go out for lunch/dinner once every 3 months. We don't drink, smoke, gamble. We go to movies/day trips once every 2 months roughly.

My budget doesn't include medical expenses ie dr visits ( no bulk billing ), medicine, haircuts/dyeing, bday/Xmas presents/parties etc. Doesn't include school expenses, clothes/shoes etc.
    Kids sporting activities.

Gym, foxtel, Internet, mobile/home phone are all luxuries to me as when I was a single parent I just couldn't afford it.

I'm pretty certain we don't live beyond our means, I think the cost of living compared to income is just way too high.

Putting it all in writing especially what my budget doesn't cover is kind of depressing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes and no ! We own our own business so it really depends on our monthly sales figures on how much we get paid each month
    Some months we max out our credit cards and the next month they are paid off , we can usually forecast how the next few months will go so know when to slow down spending and we always have money for mortgage and main bills , we do have a big mortgage but also have a large amount of equity in the house and other investments

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live within our means, we don't have credit cards or anything like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yes and no ! We own our own business so it really depends on our monthly sales figures on how much we get paid each month
    Some months we max out our credit cards and the next month they are paid off , we can usually forecast how the next few months will go so know when to slow down spending and we always have money for mortgage and main bills , we do have a big mortgage but also have a large amount of equity in the house and other investments
    I was just going to say something similar.

We live within our means but there are times of the year when DH doesn't get paid properly for a few months so a line of credit is very handy. It's generally quite hard to pick when this will be (aside from dec/jan) and it's always annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess you could say I do, but I havent lately.

I dont have any debt (apart from to my mum) and I dont have a credit card.
    In years past i have managed to save decent amounts, but recently, things have been shocking.

Ive just moved house, paying more rent than i can really afford, have new expenses like medication etc for DD, a baby on the way as a single mum...

Im sure i'll get back on top of things and slowly pay my mum off. I dont go out (ever lol), i dont drink, smoke etc. Things are just tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess so.
    We have cc debt that will hopefully be paid off fully by the end if the year.
    We own our car.
    We have private health cover, mobile phones and broadband.
    I've already bought most Christmas presents.
    DD1's school fees were paid in advance at the beginning of this year, and it looks like we'll have enough savings to do that again for next year.
    We rent and are paid up until the end of December.
    But we don't have regular income- DH freelances and has just had 8 weeks between jobs. I do casual work, but won't earn anything now until February.
    I'm pretty good at budgeting to make sure we're covered in lean times!