+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love that this thread has confirmed I'm the only one that's irresponsible with money! Lol. We're getting there, can't wait for a time when I'll be clear of debt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    At the moment we don't live within our means! We always have but in The past 18 months we have sold our house and embarked on a massive renovation on an old queenslander (aka the money pit). We now have a huge mortgage and are struggling to make ends meet. It's not long-term, just for now until we have finished off the house/landscaping.

So yes, it's our choice to live beyond our means at the moment. But we owe far less on our house than what it's worth!
    Didn't see this! Glad to have friend on struggle street. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do. I'm only a dis support pension and get family tax a&b plus $80 a week child support. I mangage to save money and that is only because I don't have any rent to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We try. We're getting better at it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Benji;7537617]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregalicious View Post
    some banks will consider them assets, a lot of people don't because as mentioned they depreciate and they actually cost money to keep and maintain. It is also not certain how much they will sell for which is why many don't consider them an asset. Some people have more valuable things inside their home than parked in the garage.
    Yes and you also specify your contents worth inside your home on application forms as assetts. The banks like to know what your money has been spent on and having assets but not having much money in the bank is favourable also as the banks can see where your money has been spent. It isn't about just how much money one has in the bank that banks look at.

sorry I was supposed to quote benji's post pregalicious.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 08-11-2013 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate debt! Myself and DH worked hard the last few years to get rid of a Loy of debt mostly his before we met and got married. Though we still have two credit cards almost maxed out that I am dying to get rid of though last year we spent so much on medical expenses and IVF that we still have to get rid of the credit cards. Just had a baby three weeks ago and finally got rid of hospital bills so now need to pay those two credit cards off and save for a house deposit. We also sold a investment property recently and used some of the money we received to pay one of the cars off finance. We have decided in order to get our home quicker we will sell the car and hopefully get decent amount back to have towards house. We do need two cars as we both work opposite ends of Sydney however I don't go back to work for another 6 months so we can manage with one car. If it got to needing a second one I will just get a cheapy and pay cash. Now we have a bub I'm thinking future, school fees, child care fees, sports,tutors ect and want to be able to save a little for her future as life is hard! We earn a decent amount each and we did use to waste money but now priorities have changed and we don't want to be stressed financially.we do like nice things but we have decided that if we want something nice we have to cut out on other things and wait to we have the cash to pay for it.I've seen my parents work there bum off for years and struggle with the family business and not be able to enjoy life and go on holidays ect and it saddens me a bit, I don't want that for us.
    Last edited by clucky14; 08-11-2013 at 23:15.