+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a Visa Debit card for online purchases, we don't have any credit cards.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (08-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    What don't u get about it? For online purchases u definitely need a credit card but for travel why would u? I've traveled twice o/s with jyst a normal savings account

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Well one example would be paying for things in shops and restaurants? But a visa debit solves that obviously. I personally wouldn't want to just withdraw cash from an ATM and have that on me all the time.

There are tons of other examples. I have travelled a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, we live within our means. We keep a budget where we record every $ we spend. Sounds tedious, but it has actually helped us sooo much. Totally worth the hassle.
    @Theboys&me - you've inspired me. I just made some savoury muffins using 1/2 cob of corn, spring onion and pumpkin that were all nearly destined for compost. I threw in some herbs from my garden and some grated cheese and I'm hoping they taste alright! I'm going to take up the challenge of not throwing a single bit of food away for the next fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think we do live within our means but we did have to make some changed to get here.

We were living in a really nice but expensive suburb. We owned (mortgaged) a three bedroom unit. Decided to sell it (made a healthy amount of equity) and move to a cheaper suburb 15 minutes away. We are now building a brand new four bedroom house and the mortgage will be significantly less than where we were before. So where you live can make a huge difference and we love out new area.

Out mortgage is out only debt and we live confortablly. I have never being overseas but want to save that to take the kids when they are older.

My mum always said to me "you can't go shopping at myer if you have a Kmart budget" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Yes, we live within our means. We keep a budget where we record every $ we spend. Sounds tedious, but it has actually helped us sooo much. Totally worth the hassle.
    @Theboys&me - you've inspired me. I just made some savoury muffins using 1/2 cob of corn, spring onion and pumpkin that were all nearly destined for compost. I threw in some herbs from my garden and some grated cheese and I'm hoping they taste alright! I'm going to take up the challenge of not throwing a single bit of food away for the next fortnight.
    Yummo!!! Sounds Delish!!!

I find it fun being 'Wastenil Chef' (haha ... New word

I've got two bananas, spinach and roasted beetroot that needs to be used up quickly.

I'm making banana pancakes with cinnamon & yoghurt for the boys and roasted beetroot, mushroom, spinach & cherry tomato omelette for me for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Yummo!!! Sounds Delish!!!

I find it fun being 'Wastenil Chef' (haha ... New word

I've got two bananas, spinach and roasted beetroot that needs to be used up quickly.

I'm making banana pancakes with cinnamon & yoghurt for the boys and roasted beetroot, mushroom, spinach & cherry tomato omelette for me for breakfast tomorrow morning.
    Awesome! Love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep we live within our means. We have 2 properties, 1 we own outright and the other is a small mortgage, 1 car loan. We have many assetts such as a boat, 3 cars, a Harley, a quad bike and trailer. None which have been financed, we have paid cash for them. We do have 2 credit cards but they are there for emergencies and if we do spend on them they are paid off within the month. The most we have done the past few years is borrow additional bumping up our home loan to put the pool and shed on our property but our mortgage is still relatively small. We have had to pay for plumbing and power for the shed ourselves since then which has put a temporary strain on finances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    Yes I think we do live within our means but we did have to make some changed to get here.

We were living in a really nice but expensive suburb. We owned (mortgaged) a three bedroom unit. Decided to sell it (made a healthy amount of equity) and move to a cheaper suburb 15 minutes away. We are now building a brand new four bedroom house and the mortgage will be significantly less than where we were before. So where you live can make a huge difference and we love out new area.

Out mortgage is out only debt and we live confortablly. I have never being overseas but want to save that to take the kids when they are older.

My mum always said to me "you can't go shopping at myer if you have a Kmart budget" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    So very true! We bought our first home in a suburb that wasn't desirable 12 yrs ago. It's what we could afford at the time but due to it being in the city radius we did expect it may take off over time. We had good friends say to us "why would you buy there" Over that time it sky rocketed in price so much more than we expected and we made a fortune when we sold, this is what set us up. Those same friends now realise we were smart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm fairly sure cars aren't considered an asset. They depreciate in value. I'm also glad I was able to buy mine for this reason, although DP bought his with the use of a loan which I was also fine with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'm fairly sure cars aren't considered an asset. They depreciate in value. I'm also glad I was able to buy mine for this reason, although DP bought his with the use of a loan which I was also fine with.
    Yep, that's another reason why I'd never buy brand new car. As soon as you drive it out of the driveway, it goes down in value.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Benji  (08-11-2013),delirium  (08-11-2013)