+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also I'm confused as to whether I actually did dilate because I did have a s&s this morning and it wasn't even painful. Last night the midwife said that my cervix was completely shut and that a s&s was possible but would be very painful because it would require forcing a finger through a shut cervix.. So if it didn't hurt this morning does that indicate I have dilated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It took a day for me but I was 41 wks. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, new question.. I've been having contractions since 11.30am, it's now 6pm. They started very regular and strong, like very strong period pain mixed with lower back pain. Lasting a minute long, 5 mins apart, but not increasing in intensity. That continued until 2pm and then they started getting less intense and more irregular, but they have continued since then for the past 4 hours without stop. I've tried sitting, standing, walking around the house, tidying up, doing household chores, bouncing on fit ball, and they still continue. They are currently around 10 mins apart but only 30 seconds long and not as intense. Is this still pre-labour or is it BH? BH go away when you change things up, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had a shower earlier when they were more regular and intense but they continued nonetheless

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so hard to tell hey! I've had five yet I still could never tell until the real full on contractions started. Fingers crossed this is it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So frustrating! Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I remember a MW telling me "during pre labour you will be like ouch is this it? ouch this must be it! maybe we should wait. No that must be it... etc
    when active labour kicks in you will just grab your husband and car keys and say LETS GO!"

certainly was the case for me.

however being a second labour I wouldn't want to stay home too long... it's so hard to tell hey!

the MW wouldn't let me come to the ward cause I could speak/walk through my contractions - I went anyway and turned out I was 8 cm.

Bloody MW still gave me the evil eye for coming against her advice :-/

Sorry not much advice apart from staying in contact with the labour ward and listening to their recommendations.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you're in labor, just keep doing whatever helps you with the contractions and stay in touch with the hospital about when you should go in.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (10-11-2013),witherwings  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I think you're in labor, just keep doing whatever helps you with the contractions and stay in touch with the hospital about when you should go in.
    Yes it sounds like you may well be in early labour. Maybe try rocking on a fitball. Definitely keep hydrated, have something to eat (you'll need the energy) and try a couple of panadol- if they do nothing then things are progressing! All the best, keep us posted!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Yes it sounds like you may well be in early labour. Maybe try rocking on a fitball. Definitely keep hydrated, have something to eat (you'll need the energy) and try a couple of panadol- if they do nothing then things are progressing! All the best, keep us posted!
    Staying hydrated is definitely important, your labor can stall if you get dehydrated. My rule is a drink of water after every contraction.