+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    Tula Baby Carrier - much more ergonomic than Ergo (provides a good deep seat with knee to knee coverage for optimal carrying position). And much comfier for mum - I started off with an ergo and never looked back after trying a Tula.

And if you can try wrapping with a woven it is super comfy and not as difficult as it looks! There are heaps of videos on utube to show you how and it only takes a few goes to get it right or you can go to a meet for some help
    Oh and forgot to add price Tulas start at about 170 and wraps you can get from 60ish all the way into the hundreds good luck with your choice

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    My DD is 3 months too (I think ours were born very close together? )

She is a big girl though, and I found she thought herself too big for the hug-a-bub by around 2 months, which is a shame since I used to pop her in there and do the housework. So for the past month I have been carrier-less.

I bought a second-hand wompat off the BSS FB group the other day. It's supposed to be really good (everyone on the page were raving about them a few weeks ago) and a cheaper option for a structured carrier (I think it's mainly made of girasol?) I paid $150.

I'll let you know how we go with it when it arrives
    Yes they were dd3 was born the 9th August
    My dd3 is a big baby too

They look good, be very interested in hearing how it goes

I'm personally more a fan of structured carriers

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you everyone for your help

I'm going to head to the baby shops tomorrow I see what I like I'm leaning towards the ergo

Might buy a mei tai of eBay to

Geez there is so many to choose from I had a hard enough time picking out my pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to get a woven when DS2 outgrew the stretchy, but got so overwhelmed and confused with all the options!

I'm pretty sure the material I got is a cotton/linen blend. It was about $19 p/m, but I got it when they had a 40% off sale. I asked for 4.5m, but when I got it home she'd only given me 4m - which is just a tad short. I can do the front wrap cross carry and just tie the ends behind my back, but that extra .5m would have been great. I googled the width of a woven, which I think was generally around 29 inches from memory? I made mine a bit narrower - about 21 inches and got 2 wraps out of the 1 length of material. Just cut it down the middle and then got a hem sewn around all the edges. I didn't bother tapering the ends, but you could probably do that (like the hug a bub is). HTH
    Thanks so much off to spotlight I go! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have worn all four of my kids (the last were a set of twins) in Ergo carriers. I still have my first one (now over nine years old and still in perfect condition!), and I had to buy a second one so that I could babywear my twins. I can't say enough good things about their products...my babies were always content, I could nurse them quite discreetly in it, and it never hurt my back.

I still carry my twins, now 2+ years and over 30 pounds each, in Ergo carriers...and they still love it!

You can read some good Ergo reviews at http://babywearingmama.org, including a great step-by-step usage guide.

Good luck to you on your babywearing adventure!