+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Um. DS is almost 4. He sometimes packs up his toys. In my defense I'm trying to teach him how to use the espresso machine and its taking a while, but is my main priority. We will get to other chores once he's got that one down.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (07-11-2013),Witwicky  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is nearly 4 occasionally puts toys away and can put dirty clothes in the wash basket! That's about it, I'm still working on getting him to dress himself!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 4 and 2.5 year olds both put dirty washing in the clothes hamper, clean their toys up (sometimes), put plates in the sink (sometimes) and help me water the garden. Actually, they pretty much water the garden, I don't really help. Slave driver much? They love it though.

My youngest is much more helpful than his brother. He tries to do extra jobs, passing pegs and whatnot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss 7 does everything she needs to do to keep her space tidy (cleans her room, puts dirty dishes in the sink, washing in the wash etc etc) and is also in charge of feeding the dog, bringing in the wheelie bins after the truck has been, collecting the mail, helps me do the dishes... probably more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    14yo ds unpacks the dishwasher, picks up dog poo and mows the lawn. He gets $60p/m and with that he pays for his own mobile phone plan and his junk food when he hangs out with his mates.

12yo dd has her three cats to completely take care of and she takes the washing off the line and sorts it for me. She gets $40p/m and pays for her own mobile phone pre paid credit and junk food for when she goes out with friends.

8yo dd and 7yo ds tidy up the house, pick up toys and do little chores I set for them. They get between $2 and $5 p/w each for a treat at the shop.

They all have to make their beds daily and keep their rooms and bathroom tidy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My almost 3yo...

(by choice)
    Puts his dirty clothes in the wash basket in laundry before his bath and has done since he could walk
    Will vaccum (but obviously needs to be gone over)
    Wipes the table before dinner
    Feeds the dogs (puts their bowls down)
    Hangs underwear on clothes horse in winter (with 50,000 pegs per sock lol)

He would do alot more but its not always appropriate, like washing clothes, mopping, wash dishes, put tablets in the dishwasher (even though I use wrapped ones that don't need to be opened) he would also prepare vegetables if id let him.

I ask him to help me pick up his toys, and to put dishes in the sink. I also give him things like sauces, cups etc to put at the table for dinner.

He just loves to help!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    9:

Makes his bed & opens his window and blinds of a morning.

Plate to bench after meal.

Packs and unpacks own bag.

Keeps room tidy.

Puts own washing away.

Puts dirty washing in hamper.

Hangs towel after shower.

Unloads dishwasher.

8: same but loads dishwasher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd 8 will only do chores if shes getting paid usually. Ive tried to encourage her to do them, take away luxuries, bribe her etc, but shes just too lazy. All she does is feed the dog every morning and wipe down the table after dinner.
    Chores ive set for her in the past hav been to keep her room tidy, dishes, bring in washing, tidy the outdoor toys.
    Ds is almost 2 and puts dirty clothes away, picks up his toys, puts dirty dishes in the sink etc. Usually just "helping" with what I do.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 is 3.5 and feeds the dog in the morning, helps unpack the dishwasher, sets the table if I ask him, puts away his toys and puts his breakfast dishes in the sink when he's done. He usually volunteers to do all of them except the toys one. He likes helping. For now.

DS2 is 16 months. No chores for him