+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD does whatever I ask her, as long as I ask 45 times and we have an argument over it first...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (06-11-2013),tootiredtosleep  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    DD does whatever I ask her, as long as I ask 45 times and we have an argument over it first...
    Hahaha!! Yep, same thing happens here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just turned 3 DS takes his plates to the sink , puts his shoes away , puts his dirty clothes in his hamper and is learning really fast that all toys have to be away or our 4 month old puppy will eat them! ( that has been the best way of teaching him to put his toys and shoes away every night !)
    I am in the process of teaching him to fill up the dogs water bowl and giving her breakfast

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS (2 3/4) will put plates/cups on the sink (well on the bench but close enough) help unpack the dishwasher, put nappies in the bin, clothes in the wash (they often just get thrown in the laundry, not in the hamper though, wipe up spills, clean his table or the bench when DH wipes things down, occasionally feed the cats (or throws cat food off the deck) sometimes helps pack toys away, helps bringing in bags of groceries, gets his own clothes mostly.
    He doesn't always do all these things, sometimes its 'can you put this in the sink?' 'no' and runs away or throws the clothes down that I want him to put in the wash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD (4yrs):
    - pack away her toys, shoes etc before bed.
    - Dress herself.
    - Brush her teeth in the morning (DH or I do it at night).
    - set the table for dinner (knives and forks are often on the wrong side, but she likes helping ).
    - make her bed (with help).

She'll often ask to help with other things, and so might pass me the pegs when hanging out washing etc, but above is what is expected of her each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 19months. Her self appointed chore is making mess and throwing valuables in the bin... haha. We try to get her to help with the laundry (giving her clothes and say put it in the laundry and she puts it in the basket and claps herself)

And we get her to put rubbish in the bin and she sweeps with her little broom whenbi sweep with the big broom (tho when she sweeps it gets pushed in opposite direction) lol.

We just generally encourage and praise helpfulness. Anything that isnt too heavy or hard we get her to help with. She is pretty good with helping . It sets it up for when she is older anyway. Doesnt always work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS just turned 3 and he has to put his plate and cup onto the bench when he has finished eating, put his dirty clothes into the basket in the laundry and tidy up his toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    8yr old

Not paid;
    Tidy Room
    Take plate up to bench once finished
    Keep toys room/backyard tidy- put away toys etc

Paid;
    keep bathroom clean $2 per week with a deduction of $0.20 for every day it's not done. Oh, and 50% must be saved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS almost 7
    -Feed dogs
    -Unpack dishwasher
    -Fold and put away his washing
    -Tidy room
    -Clean grubby hand marks off walls- one day he wall stop wiping his hands on the walls and it will become a non issue. You make the mess- you clean it!!
    - Take rubbish out
    - help unpack groceries
    - he also gets himself ready and dressed, breakfast made and sometimes gets his snack food and fruit packed in lunch box.

Most of these are a weekly /as they need doing job.
    All unpaid. We work as a team.. When the team is functional and we are helping each other without complaint (this mostly applies to DS. DF and I don't complain much) we treat ourselves to a night out for dinner or hot chocolates and a ride at the park etc rather than pocket money that only ends in arguments over what junky toy he HAS TO HAVE but doesn't need.

He has been doing these same chores since he was 5 1/2 ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 is 9, DD2 is 6 and DS is 4.

They make their beds, clean/tidy any toys etc they've been using. Help take out rubbish, help empty dishwasher, wipe things like tables, help set the table for tea, put their own washing in the laundry (our laundry and bathroom is combined anyway so shower time is easy).