+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, it's good that they are onto it at least Sounds like you have a pretty cluey doctor, because a lot still don't often think to test for coeliac disease.

Don't worry about the biopsies, they aren't too bad. The worst part if the awful drink you have to have to 'clear out' before hand . Other than that though, it's just like having a sleep and you shouldn't be in any pain. They usually only use light sedation not a full general anaesthetic.

PM me if you ever want to chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also, @beebs and @CookingMonster both having some experience with coeliac. I hope I tagged them correctly and that they don't mind me dobbing them in! lol.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks heaps xox

Thanks everyone

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was scared before my biopsies as well, it is only natural. But having a concrete answer will really help. I didn't feel bad eating gluten either. I had anemia (not as bad as you) mouth and nose ulcers and then I started getting intussuseption, not a common coeliac symptom, but it can be connected.

Being gf is more annoying than anything. But most cafés and places to eat out have a good range these days. To be honest I don't even notice it anymore. Good luck z!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks beebs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Coles do GF puff pastry now too - it's expensive, but man, pastry was one of the things I was devo about not being able to eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=OurLittleBlessing;7533875]I have coeliac disease. I also have had lots of trouble with anaemia (never had a transfusion though, you poor thing!)

First of all, do NOT stop eating gluten until you are finished all possible testing!!!!! So many people do this, and then their testing isn't accurate. When you are finished all the tests, if they still aren't conclusive, then is a good time to give gluten free a trial.

Def this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started a thread today in the ttc forum about coeliac and ttc. So far no responses! Anyway, sorry to hear you are so unwell. I was diagnosed in September. After having bub I lost the baby weight and then kept losing it! I am now 46kg. Felt sick ALL the time. Living on Maxalon. Could hardly eat because nausea and constant abdo pain. Plus so tired. Taking PPIs because I and the dr thought it was stress related gastritis. This went on for a long time. Saw another dr who sent me for the biopsy which showed atrophy and they diagnosed it. The blood test came back negative. But that isn't necessarily diagnostic anyhow. I was initially in denial because I didn't want to change my diet and I didn't realise how even a breadcrumb can do damage. I was also accidentally poisoning myself (sauces). Decided to get serious about it because I wasn't getting better. Been totally gluten free for around 2 weeks. Has changed my life. I am well again. Resuming my old hobbies and love for life. Feeling blessed to find out it was only that really because I started thinking the worst.

Apparently it takes a long time for the gut to heal. It has affected my cycle I can't conceive while it is like this.

The biopsy is fine. Enjoy a nice little rest hope you get sorted soon and feel better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm coeliac and have been for 17 years! These days it's not to bad! Back in the day it was a bit crapola as people knew nothing and the products out were horrible!! As for effects on my life I'd say its next to none!? Once under control you feel normal! And the range of gf food out is awesome now!
    As for the iron I had an infusion last pregnancy as I had an iron level of 2 :/ apparently that's really not good!? But my iron is always low and so is my calcium and vitamin D and one of the b ones! Apparently the coeliac can hinder your ability to absorb these! Coeliac also runs in families (I got diagnosed then my sister then mum!) so maybe ask about that for your kiddies! As for the biopsy i had threw the mouth ones not up the clacker? they are very easy promise! you suck on a lollypop n bam its all over and you have your answer! But any questions just holla! Hope you feel better soon!
    Last edited by Pmakes3; 06-11-2013 at 22:47.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pmakes3 For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks peeps.