+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No ideas. Ive seen kids with allergies like that from medication. But not insulin. But really thats all it can be with you. Is it completely localized?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies... I have been reading all the discussions about GD. I just wanted to tell you my experience. My boy is now 6.5 months and I had it with him (I pretty much had no chance of not getting it with both parents type 2 diabetes - diet controlled though). Anyways with my GTT results they wanted me to go straight to insulin 4 x per day. I broke down and decided to go against it (please don't read that I am condoning going against medical professionals, this was a decision I made based on my own instincts). I thought it was a bit rough not even letting me try diet controlled. So over a few days I monitored my levels after every meal and fasting, I watched what I ate and I did it! I was down to good levels. I did this by following a good diet, knowing my triggers and then a walk at night after dinner. By 38 weeks I was put on metformin because they wanted my morning levels under 5 and they were always 5 apparently that wasn't good enough. So my tips would be to try to exercise I walked of a night i and did yoga up until 39 weeks. Also a really high protein snack before bed really helped, something like crackers and cheese or nuts. It was horrible, I hated having GD but I was determined to get through it. I now have a gorgeous 6.5 month old and we are both healthy and he was a healthy 3.5 kilo natural birth (induced though). Good luck ladies and sorry for the spiel! x

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsSparkle For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (10-11-2013),Miados2007  (10-11-2013),Mummasaurus Rex  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, only under my belly button where I inject.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Yep, only under my belly button where I inject.

It will be interesting to see what it is and how they plan to treat it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what it is and how they plan to treat it.

I'm scared they are going to say either put up with it, or there is nothing they can do and baby has to come out. It has been one thing after another. It's wearing me down. It's only a skin reaction, it's not affecting my breathing or anything, it's just really itchy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think first off they may change where you inject or put you on a different type of insulin perhaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    I think first off they may change where you inject or put you on a different type of insulin perhaps.

I hope so. But if I'm reacting here, I will probably react elsewhere too? Im pretty sure its the protaphane that's doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Indigo what size needles are you using? I was told to inject in the side/love handle.. All educators are so different!

I got bruised the first time but that'd because I was rough. I'm on 5's ATM.. I wonder if a smaller finer needle would help?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kleep81 For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use 4mm needles ill try on my side tonight to see if I react there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I hope so. But if I'm reacting here, I will probably react elsewhere too? Im pretty sure its the protaphane that's doing it.

You most likely will. But they may want to try as a process of eliminating it.