+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!! Pretty over it right now but know i will kick myself for wishing it was over! Will miss some aspects of pregnancy - my fav being feeling movements.
    But in the last week or so i have immense pain in my pelvic bones when i walk, stand up or shift positions in bed. I've got full waddle going on and feel huge!! I'm super moody from being tired cos i can't sleep properly at night. I don't remember feeling this way last time, must be because everything is looser this time maybe? Hoping labour and birth goes my way this time!!
    Only 5 more sleeps til i go to hospital, eek!! Still have so much cleaning to do but have no motivation! Lol!
    Only in my second week of maternity leave, left things too late thinking I'd have 4 weeks or so.
    Main things are done though. Bubs clothes are all washed, bassinet ready, ready for bottle feeding if breastfeeding doesn't work again (was not ready at all last time!!). Hospital bag is packed and ready. Just need to put car seat in and we're all set.
    Am i forgetting anything? 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You should have more experience than me! First time mom here. Ya, I'm fine with the induction. I can't imagine to hang on for another 5w. It is getting very uncomfortable and the diet is making me miserable. Yes, I'll miss the movement. Bub isn't too gentle sometime, though. I thought i would have two weeks off on the maternity leave but it looks like i'll be working all the way through the induction date! FX that bub doesn't want to come even earlier than that. I'm not ready. I haven't even packed the hospital bag and clean enough for the house. I think you have pretty much everything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (15-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm overthinking everything, it's what i do. Last time i seriously under packed!! Felt like such a fool! Not enough nappies or wipes for starters. Poor hubby had a list of stuff to get.
    Omg yes the uncomfortableness!! If i had to go an extra 2 weeks i may have gone crazy!! Even these 5 days to go are going slow.

My mum arrives thursday and we will be spreading my dad's ashes and having our goodbyes on saturday. I haven't been dealing with his death really (2 and a bit weeks ago) I've been distracted with my toddler and the impending arrival of #2, plus I'm scared to let myself feel the full extent of my grief, but i think saturday will break me. Wish he could be here to meet his second grandson but at the same time I'm glad he's finally out of pain. Still, wish i could have seen him one last time. We were on our way up to where they live when he passed away. It still doesn't feel real.
    Feel guilty for being happy and excited for bub to arrive. silly i know. Just such a hard time. I know he is with me though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gestational Diabetes Chat

I am sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to get over the grief. I was grieving for a year for my losses. It is difficult that bub will be arriving at the same time. Hugs. Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (18-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I am sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to get over the grief. I was grieving for a year for my losses. It is difficult that bub will be arriving at the same time. Hugs. Xx
    Thanks lovely. It's been tough, but i try to look at the positives. He held on for as long as he could. To make things worse though, my mum got the death certificate the other day which says he was full of cancer - my mum and dad were never informed of how bad it was and how much it had spread. They just kept pushing him to have radiation that really wasn't doing much but causing him more pain. So it makes my heart hurt to know he was suffering longer than he should have. But as i said, positive thoughts - he is free from the pain now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did it go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It went well. Very lovely morning saying goodbye to my dad.
    In other news i didn't get my vbac. Ended up in a very scary and fast emergency c-section on monday night. I had to be put under general anesthetic and we nearly lost bub. But he's here now, safe and sound and we are home. Feeling a little worse for wear but happy to be home. Ds1 doesn't seem to impressed with the new addition to the family but I'm sure he'll come around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. Glad to hear that bub is safe and sound. That's the most important part. What'd happened of I don't mind me asking?

I have a roughy idea of the induction date but now am nervous that might not even make it that far. Bub has dropped to the pelvis. It means that he is ready within the 2 weeks time frame. If I am lucky, just when I finish work next week. I really hope so but bub doesn't care about deadlines. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Omg. Glad to hear that bub is safe and sound. That's the most important part. What'd happened of I don't mind me asking?

I have a roughy idea of the induction date but now am nervous that might not even make it that far. Bub has dropped to the pelvis. It means that he is ready within the 2 weeks time frame. If I am lucky, just when I finish work next week. I really hope so but bub doesn't care about deadlines. Lol.
    It would be be beneficial if you go into labour on your own though! Good luck!!

Bub had his hand up above his head so it was making labour very difficult and painful, and was making progress very slow. So as i got to 7cm bubs heart rate was going up too high. They did a blood test from a sample on the top of his head and it showed he was in distress so the decision was made to get him out there and then. I actually didn't even know what was going on, multiple people came running in getting me prepped for the surgery and before i knew it i was being wheeled into theatre, being asked for verbal consent as there was no time for signing forms. Hubby was nowhere to be seen, found out later on he wasn't allowed in. Then i was put under and woke up in recovery. So dramatic, not at all how i thought it would end up. one of the drs came to see me yesterday to explain what happened etc. She said it was like a rupture until proven otherwise kind of situation. I'm lucky they did what they did though. Things could have turned out very differently.

I really hope you have a better shot at it than i did!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow.....hope things settled a bit now. xx