+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Test was ok but I won't get the results til next week. She only aid my starting blood number was good but nothing else. Fingers crossed! I did follow the food tips so hopefully that helped; will see.
    I confess to having ice cream last night as a treat before I know the results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    all goes well!

I still treat myself very occasionally with a piece of Toblerone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi All
    I don't think we have a GD section do we?
    anyway, I thought I'd ask a question in here as you'd most likely have the answer.

I'm doing the GD 2 hr test on Tuesday morning and have to do the 3 day diet before.
    Did you follow the recommended diet to a T or did you just ensure you had eaten at least the same amount of carbs on that list and then whatever else you felt like?
    Or did you just go wild for 3 days before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Phony, I did the diet for 2 days prior to my test, and that was a struggle for me as I am someone who prefers a low-carb diet. I tried to aim what they suggest but - ick - it was just a bit too much for me. The technician I spoke to on the phone about what the test entailed didn't seem to think it was a really big deal, and I was basically told to do the best I could.

Hope your test goes well!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I just had a repeat 2hr gtt today due to the fact that I wasn't told to fast the first time. When I told my OB this he sent me off to do it again. I will find out next week if I really do have GD or not. I have been testing my sugar levels for about a month now and they are mostly below 7 even after eating junk and fasting is well below 5.5. I wasn't told anything about adhering to a high carb diet before fasting. I don't understand how drs are diagnosing people if the information given to everyone is so different?? There must be a lot of pregnant women walking around who are misdiagnosed!
    Last edited by bubbasmum; 22-08-2014 at 16:13.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @bubbasmum, I agree with you! And it's not just the preparation for the GTT where there's differing advice, which depends on which pathology place you go to. If you get diagnosed with GD, the BGLs that doctors give you to aim for seem to differ too! Although I believe that this is because the recommended threshold has been lowered, so some are going on the old numbers and some are going on the new. It would be fantastic if there could be some consistency.

In my DIG one of the women mentioned what her numbers were and that her OB said she didn't have GD, whereas my doctor would have enforced the GD diagnosis and diet based on those same numbers. Go figure!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my GP has been away and I got my results from another gp at the same practice. When she told me what my fasting levels were I told her that I didn't fast and she was a bit shocked but dismissed it saying I might be prediabetic. I seen another gp a week later and she said the same even after looking at my good sugar levels. Every person I spoke to at the hospital was in disbelief that I didn't fast and the diagnosis was sticking. The endocrinologist told me to test every second day then when I told the OB he sent me off straight away and said the test results are in invalid!! I'm ok if the results come back as having GD I can handle it but I just want to have the test done under the correct conditions. The lady in pathology could t believe I wasn't told to fast for the first test. All I want is a bit of consistency in advice and protocol!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. My GP said nothing and didn't give any info. Neither did pathology. Second time round when I booked in at pathology at the hospital they explained what I needed to do and gave me an info sheet with what to do. Would have been great the first time around. Originally I thought thinks may have changed in the five years since I had my last baby!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was diagnosed with GD today but my results don't seem very high from everything i can find. I did the 2hr fasting test.

Fasting result was 4.8 (could have been 5.8) and after 2 hours the result was 6.4. I cant find anything that suggests this is above the threshold for a positive diagnosis. I'm not sure why the diagnosis. Does this seem right?

Have my education session in 2 days so will ask more then.

Sent from my ME371MG using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think maybe above 6.0 is a high reading. When I had GD I had to keep below 6.5. Honestly, I think I went over that reading once. I had a low reading for the original rest but my dr said GD is GD even if it's a teeny bit over.
    Hopefully with a low reading you can manage it easily.
    Good luck

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (16-09-2014)