+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a few more high ones and fasting and brekkie were high today so I rang in my results - starting 6 units of Protophane this evening 😢. They've given me a Novotapid pen too even though I don't need to take it yet because it's only a matter of time. Got my antenatal/GD clinic appt on Wed so will be speaking to them again then. How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, sorry to hear that.

I only just heard back from my dr this afternoon. I'm being admitted at 5pm this Sunday and will probably be there until Wednesday next week. It will be good to get this all sorted out. She's said that she will be able to sort out my insulin dosages much more quickly in hospital. While I'm there I will also be seeing a physio and occupational therapist to work out an appropriate exercise program and a perinatal psychiatrist to talk about anxiety, which I have been suffering from during this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm new to this thread. I am 34+5 with my second and found out I had gd at 28 weeks, I didn't have it with my son, at 30 weeks I was on insulin and it has been getting harder and harder to control, I am now getting very high levels and don't go more than 2 days without having to turn up my night injections to bring down my fasting levels. I am starting to get very worried that something is going to happen to the baby. Has anyone else had high levels and been ok? I am due to be induced at about 38 weeks date to be decided but wondering if my levels don't settle down will they do it earlier?

Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow, you're getting so close. You must be excited!

My OB has said this is exactly what happens with GD, that the further along you go, and particularly in the third trimester, your hormones increase and cause your blood sugar levels to continually increase, and then the insulin dose has to be increased as well. I've also been told that I will be induced/elective caesar (I haven't decided yet) at 37/38 weeks.

My understanding from conversations with my OB is that they want to keep the baby in there for as long as possible. They would only go earlier than that if the baby was in distress. When do you next check in with your doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just worry all the spikes will cause issues.. I have been told because my insulin is so high I can't go past 39 at the latest but would prefer 38, .. I see my doc tomorrow for our weekly check up and am going to call my diabetes lady today to figure out what next.. I think I'm more worried about her having problems when she is born etc or something going wrong, I had a very traumatic labour and birth with my first so maybe it's all just getting to me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, gosh, I hope this time around your labour and birth goes smoothly! I'm sure it is playing on your mind, making you feel worse. I know that it's hard to stop the worrying but that will also contribute to higher levels. I've been trying all sorts of things to keep calm. It can be easier said than done.

I freak out every time I get a high reading. I'm finding it tricky to manage the levels and I'm only 16 weeks, so still a long way still to go.

The diabetes lady should be able to give you a few pointers to help with your levels. You should definitely talk to your doctor about your concerns. Sometimes just expressing those opinions and talking about it a bit is enough to put you at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I could count on one hand the amount of times my fasting level was under the limit. I also had many readings over 7 with meals. I was put on insulin at 30wks after trying diet from 28-29wks. My insulin was put up every second day until 36wks then once a week (by 10) from there. I was on 55units of Lantus overnight (started on 6units), 22units of novo at breakfast and 12 at lunch (started on 4). My bub was born at 38+6 and was perfectly healthy, no effects from high levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have spoken to the diabetes lady and we are going up by 2 for my night time insulin( 30 units) everytime I get a high fasting and today will be starting novo for dinner and lunch (3 units).. She has settled some nerves and ensured me we are watching it closely so that things don't go wrong.. That's such a relief to hear your bub was born healthy all people seem to do is tell the bad stories, but so nice to hear that even with high levels bubs can still be fine we should find out when we are being induced tomorrow now either way it's not long thanks ladies it has calmed me down a lot

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vanessalr89 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Vanessalr, really glad you're feeling calmer about it all. That's so exciting you get to find out your date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else on insulin had their levels suddenly drop.. My hospital has asked me to come in for 24 hour monitoring I am 37 weeks booked in for next Friday to have bub but in the last 2 days my levels which have always been very high and hard to control have dropped dramatically, last night we had take out naughty I know but it was a very big day and my levels were normal when normally they would explode.. Why is this I'm worried it's cause down things wrong??