+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations, she's absolutely gorgeous

My Bub is above the 97th percentile, they are estimating she's already 3.1 kilos (based on ultra sound so they could be off by around 500 grams either way). We still have over 3 weeks until the c section, so i have no idea how big she'll get. My levels are still a little high, but they are getting better I'm not on very much insulin, so I'm hoping it won't increase too much in the next few weeks (25 units total a day now since they put me on novo rapid for lunch, 7 lunch, 8 dinner, and 10 protaphane over night).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Hi girls, little update to inspire you all to keep going and to let you know there definitely is a light at the end of the gd tunnel.

Sophie spent 24 hours under the care of special care nurses (not on there ward) she never left my side but being a gd baby she had to have 2 hourly bottle feeds of 30ml and 2 hourly bsl readings and temps taken. She passed with flying colours def no ongoing gd problems. Shes held her own.

I had the same obs done on my bsl every 4 hours and after day 2 (yesterday) my bsl has returned to normal levels without insulin. We both came home from hospital today.

So I know its hard now girls but it really is worth it. Sophie is proof shes fine. We both have a gtt at 6 weeks. We are now up to 3 hourly feeds of 50ml and shes eating and sleeping fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    She is beautiful! Its great to hear you are both doing well and that there is light at the end of the gd tunnel.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Congratulations, she's absolutely gorgeous

My Bub is above the 97th percentile, they are estimating she's already 3.1 kilos (based on ultra sound so they could be off by around 500 grams either way). We still have over 3 weeks until the c section, so i have no idea how big she'll get. My levels are still a little high, but they are getting better I'm not on very much insulin, so I'm hoping it won't increase too much in the next few weeks (25 units total a day now since they put me on novo rapid for lunch, 7 lunch, 8 dinner, and 10 protaphane over night).
    They estimated my bubs to be 3kg so the 500g variance thereabouts was true in our case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulation Miados! She is absolutely gorgeous. Bet you are absolutely smitten.

I have a question for all you GD ladies. I'm diet controlled still so you may not be able to help me so I might ask the midwife or doc on Thursday.
    My fasting level was 4.2 this morning which is pretty normal for me. I had my usual breakfast of Be Natural cereal with almond milk and a coffee with full cream milk. 2 hours later my reading was 3.9 which I thought was a bit odd but rushed off to an appointment.
    At about 10:30 I had morning tea at the bakery with my boys. I decided I could treat myself to a caramel slice. My goodness it was lovely. I then ate an apricot that I happened to have rolling around in my bag because I'm a bit weird and carry fruit everywhere. I went and did the grocery came home and tested my bloods 2 hours after the slice. It's 3.7!!! What the heck? I'm thinking I might be sick? I've been on the toilet a bit this morning and although my tummy feels fine I thought maybe I have a little bug? I'm not sure.
    I know as I'm not on insulin I'm very very unlikely to experience a hypo but I'm a bit confused why my readings are so low today? Could it be the heat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it could be anything really, but maybe the lack of carbs? Try a carb serve and test 2hrs later and see how it is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Mummasaurus Rex  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My after lunch reading came back pretty normal. It's usually around 5.2 and it was 4.9. I'm eating the same as I have been for about 3 weeks so maybe my needs have changed and I need to bump up the carbs a little? Shall see how things go tonight and tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I'm 15wks today and had my GCT this morning. I was cheeky and took the blood sugar testing kit that I had to use last pregnancy and tested myself when I got out - it was 10.6 and supposed to be less than 8. Looks like GD again for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it was in normal range is say it's ok either way. Try adding a few more carbs and see how you go. As long as it's under the level its day it's ok (I'm no expert).

Cairnsmummy sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed its a false positive and you pass the GTT. . Or will they just add you to the GD list?

Afm: 37wks tomorrow. My levels are still rising. Even after the jump from 35units lantus to 45units at night my fasting levels are all over. My breakfast has been too, as well as dinner. So im guessing they will put my on insulin for dinner too.

Maximum of 13 days to go. Dp gets home tonight. Fingers crossed he can get things started on the labour front for me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (03-12-2013),Mummasaurus Rex  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone

Afm, ctg and diab/anc today. Met the b!tchiest middy. Ugh, cairnsmummy, have you found them snarky at the cbh?
    Makes me want to hide at home and have baby instead.

All looks good..have to organise.my 38wk scan. In other news my cervix is really low and soft and ive lost some plug so fingers crossed its not long now.

My lantus was increased so now I'm on 22-10-0-55, I wonder if that we'll make a difference. I also got the "why are you inducing at 38+6 instead of 38wks exactly?" Pfft, read my file in not explaining myself again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    How is everyone

Afm, ctg and diab/anc today. Met the b!tchiest middy. Ugh, cairnsmummy, have you found them snarky at the cbh?
    Makes me want to hide at home and have baby instead.

All looks good..have to organise.my 38wk scan. In other news my cervix is really low and soft and ive lost some plug so fingers crossed its not long now.

My lantus was increased so now I'm on 22-10-0-55, I wonder if that we'll make a difference. I also got the "why are you inducing at 38+6 instead of 38wks exactly?" Pfft, read my file in not explaining myself again.

They kept asking me the same thing. I asked them for 38 + 6 they agreed but you have to keep explaining yourself. Its crazy. Even when bubs was born I had middys and dr on rounds saying things like your reason for an elective c was? Ummm you told me to have one?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (06-12-2013)