+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleep81 View Post
    Did either of you have trouble breast feeding? It's something I've kinda wanted to do research into! Miados did you have a natural birth?
    I didnt breastfeed ds. I was induced at 38 weeks with him. I will be having a c section this time as my induction with ds resulted in alot of damage and other intervention.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cairnsmummy View Post
    I had GD with my last bub and was on insulin 4 times a day. DD actually stopped growing when I started the insulin and I was induced at 38+3. I'm now 11wks with number 2 and have some questions - to the mummies who have had it before, when did you get sent for your GD test and did I see a PP say the levels have been lowered?? What are they now?
    I was sent for a gtt at 20 weeks all good. I was sent for another gtt at 26 weeks which I failed. I then had to do the fasting one at straight after at 26 weeks failed miserably. My levels were 7.2 fasting 1 hour 8.2 2 hour 8.6.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cairnsmummy View Post
    I had GD with my last bub and was on insulin 4 times a day. DD actually stopped growing when I started the insulin and I was induced at 38+3. I'm now 11wks with number 2 and have some questions - to the mummies who have had it before, when did you get sent for your GD test and did I see a PP say the levels have been lowered?? What are they now?
    I was tested this time at 12 weeks but think that was super early... Fastings are now max 5. 2 hours after food 6.7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't breast feed DD for very long, it was really hard to get her into a good position (she had a broken arm as well as Erbs palsy and I found keeping her flat while feeding was less painful for her). We also had a lot of medical appointments and it was a lot easier to have a bottle We'll be trying with this bub, I hope it's successful this time

As for lunch recipes, I've been having a hard boiled egg, iceberg lettuce, celery, capsicum, cucumber, and two pieces of tip top 9 grain bread, and a small tablespoon of mayo (if I'm extra hungry I bump up the amount of salad stuff). I find it really filling, pretty yummy, and it keeps my numbers down Sometimes I have a small tin of tuna instead of the egg
    My numbers are a bit higher around dinner so I'll be starting the rapid insulin at dinner (as well as the slow release insulin over night).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont eat egg or tuna :/

I have 2slices Soy and Linseed toast, 2Tabs low fat ricotta and a handful of roasted cherry tomatoes. OR I have a homemade caesar salad and a slice of bread with jam/butter. Its getting boooooooring!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm maybe chuck some fresh salad veggies on the side (they won't affect your levels and they make it easy to make sure you're eating enough veggies per day). They're also filling, yummy and you can mix it up by trying different ones
    Also try to add a protein if you can, all my diet sheets have meat/eggs/legumes in the lunch slot

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah there are no proteins I eat other than meat at dinner time. My lunch levels arnt a problem, I'm just bored of the same thing every day.

Breakfast is hard, cereal gives me up and down levels. Trying porridge tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Indigo I find two and a half weetbix and a coffee is great in the morning.

Lunch times are hard, sometimes I eat left overs from dinner the night before.. Burgeon bread is good - you can generally have two slices with any filling...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kleep81 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have weetbix and a cup of tea, no sugar. This gives me readings of between 5 and 9.5. Stupid GD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weetbix sucks for me now too. It didnt use too. Special k is the only thing now. I have started parking a street away from dd schools to get a 10 minute walk in dropping her off then testing my bsl. That activity seems to have brought my levels down without increasing my insulin. I walk the dogs 30 minutes after dinner too. But im now 36 weeks and tbh I cannot be arsed anymore. So its going to be interesting what skipping the excercise is going to do. Im pretty active anyway during the day but the going out of my way to walk needs to stop.