+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Slow release Insulin has been bumped up twice in the last fortnight. Fasting level still high this morning and after breakfast has been high on and off. Think I'll be put on insulin in the mornings now. No support from husband, just grumps at me because he sees me crying over my levels. I know it's not my fault but just over it. I've been doing this since 12 weeks and am finding it so hard emotionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went through that too. Nobody understands how hatd it is too be pregnant with complications unless yoy have been. The stress of injecting 4 times a day and eating strictly despite normal pregnancy cravings and hunger the stress of being invited out for dinner or lunch and not being able to eat so you becoming anti social it seems and dont go and despite doung all this your levels continue to rise and not to mention all the extra dr appointments and waiting around to bring a heathly baby into the world. Its all worth it in the end but a bit of support from hubby would be great huh?

Mine started rolling his eyes at me around 30 weeks when I had a few tears. I couldnt believe I was doing this crap again as I had gd with my son aswell. He soon snapped out of it though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Miados, that is soooo true. It is so good to have someone validate that for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleep81 View Post
    Slow release Insulin has been bumped up twice in the last fortnight. Fasting level still high this morning and after breakfast has been high on and off. Think I'll be put on insulin in the mornings now. No support from husband, just grumps at me because he sees me crying over my levels. I know it's not my fault but just over it. I've been doing this since 12 weeks and am finding it so hard emotionally.
    Can I ask what is a high fasting and non fasting level for you?

I completely sympathise with the upset over your levels. We're kind of given the message that if we're looking after ourselves (and our babies) and we eat well that our levels will be relatively okay and/ or predictable. However, I can eat the same thing for breakfast everyday and have wildly differing levels.

Men could never put up with what we put up with...I know that's sexist but I don't care. You're doing well Kleep.

Last edited by Albert01; 26-11-2013 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For me my fasting is always between 5.8-6.8. It is supposed to be under 5.5. I've only had 2-3 levels below that at 5.3.

Eta: im on 35 slow release at night (Lantus)

Last edited by IndigoJ; 26-11-2013 at 16:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fasting levels are the ones too which are hard to control. Mine are pretty much in the same range as IndigoJ. Mine slow release is now at 26 units overnight.

All you girls are doing everything right and doing a great job. Its importent to remember its not our fault and to be kind to ourselves. X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    All you girls are doing everything right and doing a great job. Its importent to remember its not our fault and to be kind to ourselves. X
    When I first got diagnosed, I thought this was annoying. So many people told me this and It didn't mean anything to me, I still blamed myself. After weeks and weeks of trying to adjust everything, and still getting high levels, it took a while to sink in. It really isn't my fault, and there is nothing I can do different to change my levels.

So for anyone reading id really like to echo what Miados had said. It's not anything you are doing wrong, as frustrating as it is.

My dp was really unsupportable to begin with, as was my mum. Only because they didn't understand what it was. Now that they do though they listen to my sooking about levels ect. Also my frustration and being upset with my levels had been replaced with anger that it's not being controlled!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Indigo, just popping in to say that with my last bub I was on the CTG's 3xweek from 35wks. I thought it was because bub was small but a lot of the other mums from my GD class were on regular monitoring too so I reckon it's just standard practice for the Base Got my GTT next week (will be 15wks), am hoping for a negative result but think it's probably positive!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cairnsmummy For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-11-2013),Miados2007  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be standard then, thanks for clarifying that for me . I hate having to drive in to hospital so much! I have clinic tomorrow so I wonder if they will give me a ctg there. I have a growth scan, diab and anc. Not sure how they will fit it in.

Good luck for you gtt, fingers crossed you don't have gd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh. Can I just say ive just had my last middy, ob, and endo appoint yesterday, no more hospital appointments other than having her thursday that is. Feels so good girls. Ive already started stressing about my gtt in 6 weeks time though. Im not sure why. Think maybe cos this is my 2nd time with idgd. Thinking im doomed to get it later in life.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-11-2013)