+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Awesome news. Youre on the same insulin as me.

It looks very posh coming in its case and chrome handle like an oversized parker pen hey.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It does doesnt it!! Its even called the Luxura

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know. I asked for a pink one mines brown but they dont make them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know. I asked for a pink one mines brown but they dont make them.

Mine is Brown too I think, or maroon maybe. I was lucky they even had one, apparently qld health doesn't stock them usually. I'm glad I don't have to pay for the cartridges.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know that. I got mine tbrough qld health too. They are pretty heavy duty. They wouldnt be cheap to make. I really wondered why they dont all have the plastic throw away ones. I get that its cheaper in the long run to just refil the pen with the viles. But we are diabetic for a few months (hopefully) then its chucked in the bin???

Anyway I obviously have too much time on my hands as ive given this alot of thought. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know that. I got mine tbrough qld health too. They are pretty heavy duty. They wouldnt be cheap to make. I really wondered why they dont all have the plastic throw away ones. I get that its cheaper in the long run to just refil the pen with the viles. But we are diabetic for a few months (hopefully) then its chucked in the bin???

Anyway I obviously have too much time on my hands as ive given this alot of thought. Lol.

I was wondering what to do with it afterwards too, ill only be on it for about 7wks. The irrational part of my brain says to keep it incase i get T2 later in life

My Protophane was a throw away one. (Speaking of which, do you just chuck them, or dispose of them at a chemist?) The NPH isnt widely available apparently, so needs to be specially ordered into chemists (the refills), so it was luck they had one there for me apparently.

Ps Mine is Maroon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my novorapid is throw away. As ling as no sharps are attached at the hospital they go in general waste. So I just chucked mine in the green bin. With the viles ive kept the empty ones and ill take them to the hospital with me along with my sharps bin and all my spare insulin and needles and give to them to dispose when I have her. I dont know the protocol but I have a box of 200 needles and unopened and about 3 viles and 2 disposable pens I wont use. So maybe the can reuse? Maybe not. Ill keep my Meter so I can test regularly at home post partum as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like a good idea. Im only getting them as needed so shouldnt have any spares. I just have the protophane with some left in it, i might just drop it off at the chemist next time im there.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I'm sorry to butt in but I am wondering if those that got the positive dx felt really horrible/yucky/weak after the drink? I just had mine today and still feel a bit cruddy. I also only had the 1hr one, apparently it's standard to do the 2hr one first go now?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrs jones.
    Yes I felt wiped out after my last test with this pregnancy but it was the 2 hour fasting overnight one. So by the time the test was over I was starving which was at the point of making me feel sick. I was also very tired for the rest of the day. With my son it was also positive but I dealt with tbe tests much better. I dont remember feeling bad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the 2hr straight up. I felt fine after the drink (which was awesome as I have hg). By the 2hr mark I was feeling sick due to hunger. I had something to eat after, and was extremely tired so came home and napped for 3hrs. After that I felt back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app