+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    No it's probably because keeping in touch days are still a grey area in terms of how the PPL legislation interacts with the FWA.

You cannot absolutely get paid keeping in touch days and keep your entitlement to paid PPL. I wouldn't risk it.

Totally ridiculous how this hasn't really been thought through.

Also the purpose of keeping in touch days aren't to do regular work - it's for attending meeting, training, etc
    You are most certainly entitled to be paid on keeping in touch days, and you can do more than just have meetings.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383728480.138500.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383728496.255531.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah ok but the purpose is not to do your regular day job.

Anyway I'm not going to argue - this is my profession and I know the legislation.

I'm certain you could get away with it though as you said. I just wouldn't risk it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just want to add that I called centrelink before my keeping in touch days to ask if I had to inform them, told them I had been out of the workplace for 11 months, which was the reason for my return, plus to familiarise myself with any changes that had occurred and step back into the classroom. I participated in 9 "keeping in touch days" and got paid by my employer for all of them and still got paid my ppl. Centrelink were totally fine with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes and if that was the purpose of the 10 days then it would be legitimate.

But being asked to return on a one day per week basis to do your usual job is not the same as that.

Yes there is no way they would ever know otherwise, and you could argue its semantics. But such is the world if employment law!

I personally wouldn't risk it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

grooviechic35  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I agree, I'm not one to risk anything that might not be entirely correct. I'll just have to live with it.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends on your job as well. I'm a teacher, the only way to "refresh my skills" was to get back in the classroom on occasion.