+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Accountant?

    I have a prior tax return that I haven't done yet (well, I think it's only one). It seems to be a pretty complicated process, particularly since I don't have all the relevant paperwork - like all the group certificates - and I'm not even sure what year the damn thing is from! So I was thinking of handing everything over to an accountant so they can do it for me.

    But I don't even know where to begin looking for one. Should I just go with one of the big companies or find a local place?

    I'm totally lost in a sea of accounting firms ...
    Last edited by snowqu33n; 06-11-2013 at 15:56.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If you have a straight PAYG return - meaning you only have worked in employment and not self employed or don't own investment properties etc. A simple tax agent like HR Block would probably be your cheapest option.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashfirst For This Useful Post:

    snowqu33n  (06-11-2013)

  4. #3
    Pregalicious's Avatar
    Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you have a simple payg tax return to lodge with noother deductions or assets, then i would suggest saving yourself the accountanting fees altogether and do it via etax. As far as your return from a prior year goes, if your accountant has to sort it out for you - you'll pay the fees for it. You can contact the ato if you have missing group certs and they can help you track them down free of charge Further, the ato rarely fines you for returns not lodged IF you have a refund due and not a debt to pay. Hope this helps

    Sent from my ZTE T82

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregalicious For This Useful Post:

    snowqu33n  (06-11-2013)


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 18:39
  2. Good accountant Gold Coast??
    By Lollipopsmum in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 10:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

learn how you can become a reviewer!


forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!