+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have family set limits when it comes to gifts on my side...50 for each adult, 25 for kids. Once nieces/nephews hit 18, we don't buy for them.

We are buying for...
    My mum and dad (100)
    My younger bro and sil (100) last year we didn't but they wanted to this year.
    My bestie (50-80 depending on what it is? I'm stuck for ideas)
    My twin niece and nephew (50)
    My great nephew (25 budget but ended up spending almost 40, wasnt happy with the 25, it didn't look right)
    His 3 main Childcarers, not sure on the amount, depends on what I decide to do. He does only attended 3hrs a week but they have all been fantastic!

Eachother (around 100 -150 each)

Ds.... We are done. He's getting a trampoline as his big present (250)
    his Other presents probably come to about 300 but I may keep some (like his bike, and a game) for his birthday in march.

So probably somewhere around the $1100-1200 mark.

We start buying mid year and if I seen bargains. In the past we have spent around 300 on ds.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 07-11-2013 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually try to spend $50 on everyone. This is my daughters first Christmas and she has the same limit this year but I'm making her a Santa sack.

I have 10 on in-laws side and 11 on my side plus a few friends to buy for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd is about $300. That's for one Santa present and one from us. We don't usually spend that much, but the thing from us is necessary and she doesn't need anything else so she's getting it as a present.

Max $50 each for our parents

$30 each on my nieces

$20ish each on my BILs

Dh & I will come last and that will depend on how much money we have.

Next year I'm planning on making presents for everyone (dd will still get other presents) so it is cheaper and has more meaning. I'll start on that once the Christmas rush is over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a limit for the kids, but they get 4 presents each plus a stocking. The value varies from year to year and child to child.
    I spend about $50 each on niece and nephews on DPs side. And we do secret santa with DPs parents and siblings/partners that has a $300 limit per person.
    DP and I also have a budget of about $300 for each other but that does vary year to year based on what we can afford.
    I don't buy for anyone on my side or anyone else unless we are seeing them on or around christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Probably about 200 this year on Dsd and my parents/MIL.

Excluding the new Xbox Dp has to have * rolls eyes*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I budget in advance & rarely vary from the year before. $1200 for 12 ppl. BUT, because Xmas is a time of spending to excess, I'm of the view that the least you can do is also throw some cash towards a charity, so an extra $150 for whichever one we decide to gift to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I don't do presents for each other. For our 2 boys, 7 and 5 years, we will fill a Santa Sack with the usual goodies (always new undies, pyjamas, a new out fit and a dvd each) and one 'bigger' present. Last year, they each got a bike (I think they were about $65 each, but had major impact as they were their first ever bikes). So, probably, $100 to $150 all up on each boy. DD this year will get a Santa Sack with a new outfit, backpack and drink bottle she can use at daycare, and a pair of shoes I picked up yesterday. Probably $100 all up for her. Other relatives, approx. 50 each for parents, 30 for first cousins kiddies and 10 for wider family member kiddies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always given my son one big present and maybe one or two small things for his birthday and Christmas.
    When he was younger and I wanted to get him something really big I'd tell "family" not to get him anything and just put something toward his big present as we just don't have the space for lots of things. His biggest present was the slide we got for Christmas a few years back. My gosh, his face that morning was priceless!
    Now he's 7 and all he wants is Lego! This Christmas he wants a Lego Technic crane which is gigantic and about $200. I'm beginning to think we need a bigger house just for the Lego but he loves it and I get to play with it too.

I also don't have any family besides my son and FH so $200 on Lego isn't too bad.

Curiosity didn't kill the cat, the cat killed curiosity...
    Last edited by BonTal; 07-11-2013 at 11:43.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have a huge family and only buy for immediate family - no cousins, uncles etc. Spend about $50ea on extended fam (will spend less if I get something expensive on sale though!!) DF and I often don't buy for each other. Last year we prob spent about $300 on DS, but usually it's a lot less. Will prob spend about $150 on each child this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend around $200 - $300 per child and that's including stuff from Santa. We only buy for our kids and eachother no one else.