+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I spend far to much looking at everyone else. I do go OTT an DH tells me off every year!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have no idea, Ive never really counted it before and I dont really set a price limit on things... when the time comes I just buy the presents.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    $120 on Kris Kringle ($60 per person)
    Max $20/kid on my side (8 kids = $160)
    $30-$40 on our nephew
    $60 on dad
    $60 on mum
    $50 on nana (it's her bday on the 23rd so it's not an xmas pres)

For bub, who is due in 2 weeks, this year only $20 or so as I'm just getting some towels for him, next year who knows?! We are only on one income so I'm really trying to be strict. DP and I don't buy each other presents, we just get something new for us eg. bed linen

So I guess around $600-$700 total...

Thanks
    Reviews
    $100 each on mum, dad and MIL
    $75-$100 each on 2 sisters
    $30-$50 each on 5 nieces/nephew
    $200-$500 on DH (and same in return for me from DH)
    $200-$500 on DS
    $20-$30 each on friends kids (5)

Never seems like that much as I buy during the year. My mum spends $300 each on myself and 2 sisters, plus more for partners and then grand kids... We love Christmas and it's always a big event so no one minds spending that sort of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Well my dd would be happy with just some wrapping paper. DH, on the other hand, wants the new xbox one console that's coming out, gonna be around a grand. Sigh.
    $600. DH wants it too.

We don't do presents for nieces and nephews. There's too many of them. I'm hoping to do more of a home made Christmas this year so with any luck it will turn out cheaper than the $300+ of previous years that we've spent on DS.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbish View Post
    Wow that would certainly add up! I'm very grateful for secret santa! We don't even keep it a secret (lol) so we can call and find out what we would like.

I forgot to add that we also have friends that do a secret santa party every year, friends kids, my bestie, and kindy teachers gifts.

I've done nothing this year so far, and this thread has totally made me realise how far behind I am...

Its crazy... I'm all for not-so-secret Santas, hopefully I'll convince everyone for next year!

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually way to much but lots of things have made me want to change that this year. This year my girls will get their stockings (approx. 80 total but that includes things needed like pjs, knickers, hair ties etc) and then their santa gifts - approx. 80 total and I am making them a handmade doll each. So 160. Hubby and I will exchange a small gift each (probably $50 each) and I will be buying my nephew an annual pass to a wildlife sanctuary - $90. Soooo around 350. That's a huge improvement for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, amazing how different everyone's families and Christmases are! I have a massive family who don't expect much, while my husband has 8 family members all up who expect presents each despite secret Santa. No one knows each other very well, so they all get each other fifty dollar vouchers. Sigh, seems pretty pointless! Anyway, if I was buying for the family we'll be seeing for Christmas, that would be 4x siblings + spouses, 6 nieces/nephews, 1 husband, 1 daughter and 3 grandparents (19 persons). Needless to say, we'll be sticking to our allocated Christmas draw person (like secret Santa, but on a rotating roster) and just buying small gifts for each other. We're in a very low income bracket, so I think people tend to understand. Apart from one brother, all my siblings are beginning families on low incomes, so they understand.

I'm guessing we'll spend less than $200 all up.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    As little as possible!!

Kids $100 maximum. Only went above this the year we bought them a trampoline.

Mum, sister, brother, Inlaws, nieces and nephew - $30 each maximum.

God kids (3) - $30 each maximum.

DH - depends. We generally give each other a limit for an under the tree present. Last year I think it was $30. Neither of us are into gifts much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just did the budget - just over $1000 all up. About 11 presents.