+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much do you spend on Christmas presents?

Im sitting here working out the budget for Christmas presents.. Im buying for 10 people ... all family... and my total is $750..... what do you usually spend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are having our first bub which is due December 1. So we 're just going to get a few nice photos and frame them and hand them out for presents. We've told our families no presents this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by carmie82 View Post
    We are having our first bub which is due December 1. So we 're just going to get a few nice photos and frame them and hand them out for presents. We've told our families no presents this year
    what a lovely idea... congratulations on the impending arrival xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How much we spend, depends entirely on what we decide to buy based on our children's interests.

I have been known to spend as little as $150 in total for my, then 3, children, but also as much as $500 in total on them.

It really just depends. This year I've only decided what to get 7yo DD so far, and her 'main' present is $120, then we'll add some smaller bits and pieces for stocking fillers, so she's most likely going to have about $150 spent on just her.

But, I also don't spend an equal amount on each child, instead, we give them an equal amount of presents, which are based on their interests. If one has $150 spent on them, another might only have $50. Just depends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    How much we spend, depends entirely on what we decide to buy based on our children's interests.

I have been known to spend as little as $150 in total for my, then 3, children, but also as much as $500 in total on them.

It really just depends. This year I've only decided what to get 7yo DD so far, and her 'main' present is $120, then we'll add some smaller bits and pieces for stocking fillers, so she's most likely going to have about $150 spent on just her.

But, I also don't spend an equal amount on each child, instead, we give them an equal amount of presents, which are based on their interests. If one has $150 spent on them, another might only have $50. Just depends
    I miss the days of santa stocking fillers.....was so much easier when they were little... DS 18 and his GF are getting vouchers and DD 16 is getting bits n bobs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my dd would be happy with just some wrapping paper. DH, on the other hand, wants the new xbox one console that's coming out, gonna be around a grand. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't really budget for it... I just spend whatever I think is acceptable at the time.

Generally, I don't buy anyone gifts who isn't a kid, except for my mother. So Mum, DD and DD's cousins are about it for gifts from me. The cousins get about $30 each spent on them, Mum up to $100 and DD gets whatever I feel like spending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The kids are around $100 each +stocking fillers, husband around $100, parents and sister $50 each and nephew around $70. Everyone else gets a kid photo in. A frame

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    This is what I have been trying to work out a budget for. Even if I only spend $10 each for DF and my parents and our brother's and sisters then that adds up to almost $250. That is on top of presents for DS1 and DS2 who we have spent $200 between the 2 of them and not including presents to each other.

No one else in our family has kids and I would die if they gave us presents and we had nothing.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have about 22 people to buy presents for plus DS , it adds up but Xmas is huge in our families so we budget for it , the kids we usually spend around $50 each, mum and dad we spend more for and the others just depends on what I find