+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #Mama View Post
    That's fabulous! How do I get a job like this? Ha ha!
    You can't. It's all computerised now, not colouring in. I remember the whole team being so ****ed off - we coloured the whole of Changi airport from end to end on one piece of paper including paving, the works. Some guy in Singapore wrote his comments ON the 3 metre long artwork that about 6 of us pulled an overnighter to do (for just the colouring, not the actual plan). I was so stoked to have to do it again!

I'm loving the old references to collating and shorthand, and we were just saying last night how "Sale of the Century" was such a good format show. *sigh*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have an awesome memory. Almost 6 years after leaving my first job I can still remember the names of my patients, what was wrong with them and their owners names. Can also remember the boss' phone number. I bet he doesn't even remember my name.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I should never drink and text!!
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I can collate faster than most. It's because as a child I worked in my parents factory on school holidays and I did a lot of collating (as in piles and piles and PILES of it). I used to get paid about $10-$15 a day. Big bucks in those days but sometimes when you get shown 3 x piles of newly printed paper, each about a metre high and numbered that you have to collate to make invoice books it's not terribly inspiring.
    I did collating at my cousins printing business in school holidays too. I was pretty good at it, but what it really taught me is wrapping. I am an awesome wrapper of bundles of invoice books etc. It has served me well at christmas when I volunteer wrapping presents for charity at the shops (I don't do it to be charitable....I just like wrapping stuff, but only with good quality paper and tape) I guess that is my useless skill

I can also tell you what other shows/movies many Australian actors have popped up in

I have double jointed elbows - handy for reachy tricky spots I suppose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I can name all the Baby-Sitters Club books and I can crack every joint in my fingers (top and bottom knuckles) and thumbs. I also know a lot about Buffy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (07-11-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Words to live by.

I did collating at my cousins printing business in school holidays too. I was pretty good at it, but what it really taught me is wrapping. I am an awesome wrapper of bundles of invoice books etc. It has served me well at christmas when I volunteer wrapping presents for charity at the shops (I don't do it to be charitable....I just like wrapping stuff, but only with good quality paper and tape) I guess that is my useless skill
    I can do that too! When ever I wrap a gift to this day I always get a flash back of wrapping piles of invoice books, letterheads or similar in brown paper. I have to ponder which way to do the ends, do I tuck from the top or sides?

I was never allowed to touch the folding machine (other than to collect them off the end) or the stitching machine though. I did get good enough to make the cardboard top covers for invoice books. Sometimes when it was quiet and Dad was doing guillotining he would line it all up for me and I would get to press the buttons. Happy days! Never short of project paper or note paper in my house when I was growing up. To this day the smell or sounds of a printing press will instantly whisk me back to my childhood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefie View Post
    i have memorized all my friends and families viechle number plates. I look at number plates before i look at the whole car/person inside to see if i know them

I look at number plates first as well. Usually I can only memorize the first couple of letters though. But I remember certain things about them eg. The letters of a friends car are 'apl' I remember it as 'apple'... Or bj I think 'blow job' hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can do the clover thing with my tongue as well.

I also remember really random facts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to taco For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I can tie an Allen's (lolly) snake in a knot in my mouth.
    That's awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can guess the time without looking too, only since I had dd though.

I can see and find nits super easily, like sonic power lol ill have a moment and be like 'hmm Im gonna check dd' and bang. She would have them. It's like I just know when she's got them almost like I can subconsciously smell them lol it's come in handy at work as a hairdresser too I've never been surprised by headlice I've ways known without looking first if someone has them.
    I think I was a louse in a past life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can do the clover with my tongue too, plus tie snake lollies in my mouth! I did once tie the stem of a cherry too, totally useless but somewhat impressive.
    And before storing numbers in phones, I knew all friends and families numbers by heart.. I was like rain man. And lastly I used to remember which person was in what form for my whole year 7 grade.. (I.e 7A, 7B, 7C) though I've not used that ridiculously pointless talent of a while . its fading

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer1 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (09-11-2013)