+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was 9 months when I went back to work 2 days a week, (Wednesday and Thursday) I was also 3 months pregnant so instead of daycare MIL offered to take him on those days until I started leave again.

DD was just shy of 12 months when I went back again 2 days a week (Monday Tuesday) this time, DH chose to stay home with the kids on the 2 days I was at work. This by far was the best option for us, if I hadnt of been made redundant, we would probably still have this arrangement in place.

I have just started working again, Thursday, Friday and alternating weekends, this time since the kids are a bit older, and craving social interaction we have gone the day care route for thursday and friday. I only work school hours so drop off pick up is easy and ATM they are loving it, so at the momment this arrangement is working very well, but since im still casual things could change quickly.

If I had a choice I would work the middle of the week, and consecutive days,that way there is no interference with the weekend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Madame Mayhem; 06-11-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going back in January as well and working 3 days- Tues, Wed, Thurs. I don't want to work Mondays as I don't want to spend half of Sunday 'preparing for the week'- eg: uniforms, bags packed, etc, as I will have to be out of the house well before 7am on work days. Also, Friday is a good day to have off to get the house in order for the weekend, do food shopping etc. 3 days in a row at daycare is okay, in my experience. Also, it gets work out of the way in 1 block without having to do one day, then think about work on a day off, then return for 2 days IYKWIM. And I don't like the idea of paying for daycare for Mondays when there is a public holiday and I can't use put DD in daycare! All the best.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

May baby  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to lean towards the tues,wed and Thursday. Main reason for me also wanting Wednesdays off was for play group but I could always catch up with them at other times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work tues Wed and fri as I've found that daycare exhausts my kids out and they seem to need thurs to recover. I've got a 3&1yo.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work Mon, Tues & Thursday and find this is perfect because:

3 day weekend
    Any colds, sickness, drama at daycare she usually has a day or days to recover at home with me
    Friday I can get stuff done around the house ready for the weekend
    It also helps me to have balance for myself ; )

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Returning to Work

Mon, Tues and Thurs here too.

It suits me because 3 days in a row would've worn DS out too much. This way he has Wed to recharge and also a 3 day weekend to get over any diseases he's picked up.

For me I loved having Wed off after having two early mornings (especially if DS kept waking during the night) then working Thurs and enjoying a 3 day weekend. It really seems to make the week fly by breaking it up like that. I'll be doing the same days when I return to work after my mat leave for DD.
    Last edited by little blue car; 08-11-2013 at 09:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mon/Tues/Thurs here too. I commute into the city so if I did 3 days in a row I'd feel like I didn't get to see DD for ages. It's good because I get the first 2 days in the office to get into the week, then a day off with DD and then a day to finish up my work.

It's good that DD gets that rest day in the middle of the week too.