+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I don't think that people go and search through previous posts. If that happens, I think it would happen VERY rarely.

It's not too hard to remember small details about someone who posts regularly though. I remember things like:

*That person has a large family
    *That person often posts about their partner being a jerk
    *That person is a teacher
    *That person is arrogant
    *That person has been TTC for a long time
    *That person is a bit of a hippy

etc etc.
    Yes same here.
    I forgot to mention in my earlier post in this thread, I also remember those who I have interacted with or have shared a similar experience with- I just don't go "stalking" as pp's have put it.. unless, like I said, I have a particular reason to do so

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I remember things about members, kind of how sassy explained it.

I normally just reply, but if someone is asking a specific question, say 'should I leave him' type and they've previously posted about how much if a douche 'he' is I'll respond with that in mind.

I think I've missed the thread that this one spins off so ima go thread hunting now

ETA: ah, got it. Not sure with that thread specifically. I can see where some posts were coming from but don't know if it really needed to be added in.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Which thread was it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't, I really mean that! I have always been hopeless with names and faces in general, so I'm very bad at *knowing* a particular poster's history on here. The are people I know are regulars and there's a few I know I often agree with, and a few who bug the heck out of me, but I simply respond to posts or threads that tweak my interest no matter who made the comment or started the thread. It seems pretty obvious others do though, but that's their them, I really don't care!

A while back I though maybe I should write a list of the regulars and brief notes/comments on them but I didn't actually bother doing it! That's how bad I am at remembering - I'm do remember things I'm interested in though, which is why some stand out to me on certain topics or as people who think similarly to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember a lot of members and do reply with that in mind, I think it would be hard not too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Which thread was it?
    A closed one. It was more a specific comment that each question should be a blank canvas, kind of thing. I just found it strange because you can give a more specific answer if you know more about the person.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You know how some people are good with faces, but never remember names? I'm the opposite. I have an excellent memory for what people have said and done. I'll remember your name and pretty much everything you've told me about yourself. So I find it impossible to respond as if I only know that tiny piece of info about someone. It would seem very odd to me to do that. As PP said, what would be the point?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    You know how some people are good with faces, but never remember names? I'm the opposite. I have an excellent memory for what people have said and done. I'll remember your name and pretty much everything you've told me about yourself. So I find it impossible to respond as if I only know that tiny piece of info about someone. It would seem very odd to me to do that. As PP said, what would be the point?
    Yep, this is me. People find it annoying.

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    So I find it impossible to respond as if I only know that tiny piece of info about someone. It would seem very odd to me to do that. As PP said, what would be the point?
    Of course you can respond to comments/opinions knowing nothing about the poster.

Ie. "green smarties definitely taste different to blue smarties"

"no actually, you might think they do but I can assure you, I've worked in a smarties factory and they're made exactly the same"

Why is it odd to respond knowing nothing about the poster? It happens every day irl, everywhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wait I think I misunderstood you, you mean you can't block out what you know about someone when posting your opinion? I just read 'if' instead of 'as if'.... Rushing here...

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I reply to threads that interest me, or if the poster interests me. I try to be helpful and supportive if I can. I often recall past history of posters if I have seen them around for a while. A new poster or a complex thread/issue, then I am very cautious how I respond. I don't think I could pretend I know nothing when I do. If I appear to know nothing than that is the truth. marie.