+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I remember something about someone I post with that in mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I generally try to respond to what someone has said/asked, but undoubtedly what I know of someone would alter my answer. As someone else has mentioned, if I know someone's going through a rough time then I would probably take that into consideration and try not to be too harsh etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you have yo respond based on what you know. This can be hard girls new members who might not understand the tone of responses but I agree with sassy, it'd be strange to pretend you knew nothing about them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most definitely. I don't forget a friends history when giving advice, so why would I on a forum??

You get to know people on here and of course that is going to influence how/what you say to them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not unless something stands out in my memory, I don't stalk through anyone's previous posts ever. I would like to think that people wouldn't have the time or energy to do so but I know many do, I often have had snide remarks or posters saying something word for word from posts from along time ago so it's obvious stalking.

Those that do make judgement from something someone may have said some time back in a thread perhaps need to think that perhaps that view has changed since then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Not unless something stands out in my memory, I don't stalk through anyone's previous posts ever. I would like to think that people wouldn't have the time or energy to do so but I know many do, I often have had snide remarks or posters saying something word for word from posts from along time ago so it's obvious stalking.

Those that do make judgement from something someone may have said some time back in a thread perhaps need to think that perhaps that view has changed since then.
    I don't think that people go and search through previous posts. If that happens, I think it would happen VERY rarely.

It's not too hard to remember small details about someone who posts regularly though. I remember things like:

*That person has a large family
    *That person often posts about their partner being a jerk
    *That person is a teacher
    *That person is arrogant
    *That person has been TTC for a long time
    *That person is a bit of a hippy

etc etc.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (06-11-2013),snowqu33n  (06-11-2013),~Marigold~  (06-11-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't call that stalking. I think people just remember posts and posters that stand out from the crowd. And let's be frank, you're not afraid to buck trends or oppose the majority

OP, I have grown to know some members quite well. I've met a few, and count some among my closest friends. Others have been memorable in more negative ways. In any case it wouldn't be possible for me to reply without these relationships and histories in mind.

That's not to say I would hold a grudge. If someone needed support I would give it, no matter our personal history.
    Last edited by lambjam; 06-11-2013 at 12:33.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (06-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a shockingly bad memory so although I recognise some usernames I dont remember what they posted yesterday. I *may* recall basic situations (eg single, recently divorced etc) but never specific situations (eg has had trouble with LO sleeping etc). I do remember themes of threads (eg MIL's and teachers seem to be a hot topic atm) but never who posted what in them. I read, move on and then forget

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember things about members, kind of how sassy explained it.

I normally just reply, but if someone is asking a specific question, say 'should I leave him' type and they've previously posted about how much if a douche 'he' is I'll respond with that in mind.

I think I've missed the thread that this one spins off so ima go thread hunting now

ETA: ah, got it. Not sure with that thread specifically. I can see where some posts were coming from but don't know if it really needed to be added in.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by dancingchipmunk; 06-11-2013 at 13:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I do it. For example someone posted recently an outcome to their current situation but didnt mention in the recent post what their current situation was. All other posters were congratulating them and so on and I had a vague memory of what they were reffering too so I looked back to confirm in their recent posts out of interest. It wasn't stalking or to judge it was a "ah thats right now I recall" moment.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app