+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel like a few people where quick to judge the OP for apparently judging them but by re reading her posts I can see she was more talking about her family member who has her mum come over every day to help get the kids ready.
    Obviously as a family member she would know of any underlying issues that may cause her to need that much help. In which Carr maybe she wouldn't have mentioned it.

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    #3 due 20/07/14

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    What about the 'after all they are MY kids, thats why i had them' line tho?

Just being proud?

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
    Yep ... Well I don't take offence to that. They are her kids?? I feel very much that way myself. But upon reading the rest of the thread I've since realised I do get help as my youngest goes to child care while I work.

So I guess I'm not quite in the same page or chapter even ... But still in the same book. I personally don't feel any guilt or disappointment at my son going to day care. I feel extremely proud that I can work and earn a decent income to not have to stress about feeding and housing my boys.

Even the 'my kids' comment doesn't bother me. If I could stay home I think I'd also feel proud of caring full time for them too.

I'm not tying to attack anyone in here. Far from it. I just see both on BH and IRL people jumping to conclusions and feeling inadequate by somebody else's personal feelings of achievement.

Someone else being capable of things you're struggling with doesn't mean you're less of a person. It just means you have different strengths or more so different perceptions of what makes you proud.

I personally feel proud of learning to cook these last couple of years (t'was a NY resolution of mine) ... Doesn't mean I think any less of the biscuits burners

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-11-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I honestly dont even give a ****.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-11-2013),misskittyfantastico  (06-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (07-11-2013),RipperRita  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Well it's the truth isn't it?

I don't know? I'm a pretty cruisey person and I'm comfortable with who I am. not a lot bothers me and other people's opinions don't tend to get to me. So maybe I find it difficult to understand how people get so offended.

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    #3 due 20/07/14
    My sister from another Mister ??!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, Seriously people, why must people turn every thread they don't like into an argument. I'm soooooooo tired of reading through threads and seeing that someone has taken offence and started attacking people.
    Bub hub is meant to be a place that people can post without being jumped on. Fine you don't like the question or how she wrote it, there's a back button on your browser, use it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CassJ For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I guess I kinda assumed the op wasnt really directing the question at those with circumstances that necessitate (everyday) help?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to swings and roundabouts For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I honestly dont even give a ****.

I know, right? Too tired *has shot of EPO*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    My sister from another Mister ??!!
    It certainly seems that way

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    #3 due 20/07/14

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    OMG, Seriously people, why must people turn every thread they don't like into an argument. I'm soooooooo tired of reading through threads and seeing that someone has taken offence and started attacking people.
    Bub hub is meant to be a place that people can post without being jumped on. Fine you don't like the question or how she wrote it, there's a back button on your browser, use it.
    It's pretty much how this place rolls. Bubhub is just a forum, not some sort of utopia and tbh, this threads been pretty shrug worthy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    Amen! Lets all un twist our knickers and rejoice in the fact that we all pushed large objects from our vaginas.....wait no that might offend c section mums....that we grew a human being....wait that might offend adoptive parents. ***** it! Lets celebrate whatever!

Lol my brains fried...it's getting late for me

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    #3 due 20/07/14

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (06-11-2013),Cicho  (07-11-2013),Mopoke  (06-11-2013)