+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Double post
    Last edited by CMF; 06-11-2013 at 04:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Will this year after what you've been thru surgery wise your stronger than that

You know well in advance that you feel this way so you have 2 choices. Let it continue to upset you and be sad/upset on Xmas day and possible leading up to it or you organise things to keep you occupied and stop letting it have an affect over your life.

I'm really sorry you went thru what you did, it's definetly the ultimate betrayal. Not entirely sure but I think the BFF part would kill me the most to be honest

You can always come visit me as it looks like I'm stuck with no kids at all and just a grumpy DH, who is making me wish I was single:/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I just add when I was single I actually enjoyed the afternoon when the kids went to their dads as it meant I could go thru all their new stuff and put it away/out in their rooms.

I'm starting to think I'm weirder than I thought lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Will this year after what you've been thru surgery wise your stronger than that

You know well in advance that you feel this way so you have 2 choices. Let it continue to upset you and be sad/upset on Xmas day and possible leading up to it or you organise things to keep you occupied and stop letting it have an affect over your life.

I'm really sorry you went thru what you did, it's definetly the ultimate betrayal. Not entirely sure but I think the BFF part would kill me the most to be honest

You can always come visit me as it looks like I'm stuck with no kids at all and just a grumpy DH, who is making me wish I was single:/
    I get what you're saying in terms of choosing how it affects me.... to be fair 364 days of the year I choose to be happy in spite of the circumstances. It's just this one day that often leads to me feeling sad and sorry for myself. I never wanted to share my kids and now against my will, because of somebody else's decision I don't get to kiss my boys goodnight 4 times a fortnight.... During those times I busy myself with things, relish in what I can do kid free, see the positives, appreciate them more when I have them, take comfort in the fact that they still have two parents who very much love them.

But I just can't deny the fact that it absolutely breaks my heart that every Christmas night I don't get to tuck them into bed, I don't get to join in and play with their new toys Santa delivered. I don't want to put their new things away without them here - I want to explore and enjoy them with the boys.

I'm quite happy to accept that this is my life every other day of the year - but on Christmas Day my joy walks out the door the moment my boys do.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 06-11-2013 at 12:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just sneaking in to give you hugs. Then sneaking straight back out.

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (06-11-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ah this OP devastated me. I am so sorry. I know from your posts what a positive person you are, and I think it's ok to let yourself be sad until one year I think you'll wake up and find that you're just not any more.

I don't know if this helps, but can you celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve? That way your boys will be super excited about that day, which you can spend together, and a bit jaded by Christmas day itself, so they can go off to XH then but you've had kind of the initial joy. Or am I a bit evil?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm sorry OP. your post made me cry.

Im facing my first ever Christmas morning without my DS there and the thought makes me cry so much. I get him back in the afternoon though and next year have him for Christmas.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of year. I have my DD who is an adult with me the whole Christmas luckily.

I''m sorry you have to have this happen. Just make Christmas eve and morning the best ever, and remember he gets the kids for the tired cranky part of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Ah this OP devastated me. I am so sorry. I know from your posts what a positive person you are, and I think it's ok to let yourself be sad until one year I think you'll wake up and find that you're just not any more.

I don't know if this helps, but can you celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve? That way your boys will be super excited about that day, which you can spend together, and a bit jaded by Christmas day itself, so they can go off to XH then but you've had kind of the initial joy. Or am I a bit evil?
    Lol, that's what I'm doing. I'm celebrating it the day before, a full on proper Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    I'm sorry OP. your post made me cry.

Im facing my first ever Christmas morning without my DS there and the thought makes me cry so much. I get him back in the afternoon though and next year have him for Christmas.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of year. I have my DD who is an adult with me the whole Christmas luckily.

I''m sorry you have to have this happen. Just make Christmas eve and morning the best ever, and remember he gets the kids for the tired cranky part of the day.
    Oh hugs to you too xx

I must say even though I HAVE to share I am glad I get to wake up with them Christmas morning. Plus anyone who's familiar with my posts know that I'm an advocate for healthy eating.... But on Christmas Day I'm not bothered in the slightest how many chocolates they consume as I know I'm not dealing with the aftermath ... There's always a silver lining haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey .

I won't pretend I know what you are feeling because I don't. My ds doesn't see his father ( father not interested) so I don't have to deal with it.

What I will say to you is ..don't be jealous of their relationship...deep down they both know that they cheated and deep down they know that either of them could do it again...doesn't make for a safe , happy feeling in my book. They also can't respect each other fully as they know the other person is a cheater....

I have seen these relationships time after time fail because relationships cannot grow without trust. not that any if that should make you feel better ,it's just a thought.

I think you are a truly amazing person and I hope that one day, when you are ready , you will meet someone worthy of you...

About the day I think just focus on the time when you do have your boys and keep madly busy.....

I'm sorry that other people's selfish actions cause you so much pain. Feel sorry for them, they don't have what you have, inner peace. Even total areseholes usually have some sort of conscience, if only to themselves...

Hang in there,,,remember those who laugh last, laugh loudest...