+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone given birth at Flinders Medical Centre or Lyall McEwin recently?

I'm presently attached to the Lyall Mc for the impending birth of my child in March next year.

Of the few times I've been there this year for antenatal check ups I've encountered so many ferals (with one actually throwing a bottle at my car) and the grumpy, obnoxious admin staff (DH wanted to flatten one of them she was so rude) I am seriously over all the agro over there. I have now reverted to shared care which I am sticking with because it's wonderful going to a practice where people smile at you and you can wait without being hassled.

Has anyone birthed at the Lyall Mc recently that give me an insider's view of the maternity services there?

I also have the option to go to Flinders or the Womens and Childrens in North Adelaide (if I fudge the address).

Does anyone who has birthed at the Flinders Medical Centre have an opinion of the maternity services there? The old threads I've read in here haven't been so flattering but wondering if in 2013 it has changed any.

Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A couple of the ladies from my DIG gave birth at the Lyall Mac and had great things to say about it

I have birth at the Women's & Childrens and wouldn't even recommend it to my worst enemy! It was awful. I did shared care though so was only there for a couple of appointment before the birth.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my ds at flinders in 2011. I was flown in from regional sa but actually from vic!

Considering our circumstances, and it was my first so nothing to compare too. I couldn't fault it.

My only concern is looking back, we had some huge issues with beat feeding,.and now, im thinking I may not have been given all the info I needed as we had positioning and latching spot on from day one so were sort of left to our own devices.... I just had no milk at all so ds was starving and lost alot of weight (borderline on hospital policy to be let out) and we ended up being admitted to hospital locally 2 days later.

The staff we encountered were all lovely

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you consider the Gawler hospital?
    I have only heard great things about them and I haven't had any issues so far (due in April).
    They don't take high risk ladies though.