Closed Thread
Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so sorry about your Mum rainbowbabe. I hope they are wrong. Sending you huge, massive hugs. xo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry rainbowbabe about your mum. Huge, massive hugs. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    Chiefsgirl & Rozzie - good luck for pick ups.

Emzy - I think it's a great thing that you are doing!! Very kind of you and you will make others very happy.

I've spent most of the day in tears. Spoke to the clinic again today and they really don't have any hope that we will get our BFP so I have pretty much given up hope. DF and I had a bit of a cry earlier. It all got too much for me. I found out over the weekend that mum was seeing an oncologist yesterday because they think she has bone cancer. I didn't want to tell DF because I didn't want to stress her out but after speaking to the clinic and them again saying it was extremely unlikely or working and that we would have to wait until Jan/Feb for a FET - I just couldn't take it anymore. I cracked and cried and told DF everything :'(

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Huge, massive hugs. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    rainbowbabe and your DP, the biggest hugs to you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowbabe I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, hopefully it's not what they think it is. It's not over til BT. Fingers crossed!! Did they say why you'd have to wait so long for a FET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Today has been a hard day. I think having a BFN on its own wouldn't have been so bad but with mum and being told it would be a long wait - I just couldn't deal.

We will still go for the bloods in the morning but yeah going to stay realistic and cautious. They said that they like to give the body a rest after fresh ivf because of all the stimming. That was the clinic though. I left a MSG for the Dr to call me. He's not back in til Thursday so we will have to wait until then to know what happens next.

I can't complain about one BFN because we have just started TTC but yeah like I said its just all the bad news at once that got to us.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies reading this thread is incredible. It moves so fast, and like each of our own personal journeys through IF, there are so many ups and downs. It's like an emotional roller coaster going from being excited about faint positives through to having so much empathy for those who have had bad luck this cycle.

Not or posting much these days (busy at work) but just wanted to pop in and say I'm still eagerly waiting to hear about how each of you progress

I often tell myself this whole process is just a series of hurdles.... In my last cycle (which failed) I literally wrote each of the hurdles down and ticked each one off as we went through (responded to stims - tick, EPU - tick, fertilisation - tick, embys surviving to transfer- tick....and so on. ) in a funny kind of way it helped...kind of like we had small victories along the way.....and each attempt was about getting past more hurdles than the time before.

Good luck two you all, and remember it's all about resilience!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (12-11-2013),Emzy5  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowbabe - hun I am so sorry to hear the news of your Mum. Have a good old cry and let it all out hun. IVF is a big enough rollercoaster without adding extra pressures or bad news to the situation, would be extremely hard to cope with.

I guess all I can say is please try not to get too upset, being your first cycle (as it is for me also), I have read lots of women say that the 1st fresh cycle can be a little bit of "trial and error" while the FS figures out what works best for you, etc. The fact that you got a number of frosties from this cycle is fantastic too, so next time around you don't have to start from scratch so to speak.

I know nothing I can say is going to cheer you up sweetie, just let yourself (and DF) be upset and disappointed, you deserve it after all you have been through. Give yourself a couple of months off and enjoy christmas, etc and go great guns for the FET when you can. xx big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bayside I love your idea of the checklist, it does seem like so many hurdles, you just finish worrying about one thing then your onto the next hurdle, it's such a process I think only us ivf'ers and our partners can understand.

rainbowbabe I'm sorry you've had extra stress, thinking of you, your DF and your mum xx

its the big day for us tomorrow too! I just want to hear those positive words from the clinic tomorrow! I'll be at work when I get the call which is always hard. I will not be able to concentrate at all tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow rainbow good luck