+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cheap easy recipes

So I need some easy and cheap recipes . Ones that don't require allot of ingredients. Money and time is a bit tight with a new baby and we are eating really late at night and spending too much on take away as by 8pm I'm exhausted to cook.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green curry is great. Just a jar one...i use Ayam (you'll get a few meals from one jar). Use chicken, any vegies you have and a tin of lite coconut milk. Easy, quick and pretty healthy.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also remember to make more than you need any time that you do cook and freeze half!
    Also if people ask how they can help, suggest frozen meals
    As a new mum of twins I completely get what you mean, but it's important to keep healthy.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    When my kids were babies, I tended to cook during the day whenever I got a minute because come evening, I was just too stuffed.

I'd cook big batches of spag bol, soups, pasta bakes, cottage pies and freeze half, then all I'd have to do was pull something out and add some frozen or fresh veg and I was done. Otherwise, steak (or whatever protein you like), oven chips and salad, a really quick pasta (parmesan, olive oil, cherry toms and herbs for example).

I know people who have friends/family around for a day and they do a big cook up and freeze session which would be awesome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Zuccini slice - takes a little bit of prep time but once its done its easy to pull out of the fridge and eat for lunch or dinner.
    Big cook up of a bolognese sauce - use some for lasagne, some for spag bol. Freeze in portions so its easy to zap instead of ordering take away.
    Eggs... omelette, scrambled, poached.. whichever way you like them.
    Slow cooker. Switch on during the day whenever u get a chance. Serve at night, freeze leftovers.
    Chop fruit & veg into containers so you can snack on that when youre hungry and dont have time for a proper sit down.
    Dont feel bad for buying some extra convenience foods (cheaper than takeaway!) like frozen steam fresh veg, oven chips, frozen pastries, packet sauces etc.

Pastas, stirfries, chicken breast, steak - all pretty quick to cook.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    A slow cooker is worth investing in and aren't terribly expensive. You can put a roast (on special) in with vegies.

There are heaps of easy recipes on the net - you can just throw stuff in when bub is asleep earlier in the day and you won't have to worry at evening "grizzle" time.

Another general recipe is tomato pasta - normal cooked spirals mixed with grated cheese, tomato paste and Dolmio. My kids love it. We also make ravioli like this (also on special) - freeze fresh then put straight into water and cook when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    When my kids were babies, I tended to cook during the day whenever I got a minute because come evening, I was just too stuffed.

I'd cook big batches of spag bol, soups, pasta bakes, cottage pies and freeze half, then all I'd have to do was pull something out and add some frozen or fresh veg and I was done. Otherwise, steak (or whatever protein you like), oven chips and salad, a really quick pasta (parmesan, olive oil, cherry toms and herbs for example).

I know people who have friends/family around for a day and they do a big cook up and freeze session which would be awesome.
    This is what I do.
    Once a month i go out to my mum's. She has a big 900 oven an I make anywhere from 14 to 24 meals in a few hours. I freeze them for days that i am stuffed or busy. I find it save me heaps of money too. It saves so much time. Cutting up a whole packet of carrots only takes a minute or two more than one etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    This is what I do.
    Once a month i go out to my mum's. She has a big 900 oven an I make anywhere from 14 to 24 meals in a few hours. I freeze them for days that i am stuffed or busy. I find it save me heaps of money too. It saves so much time. Cutting up a whole packet of carrots only takes a minute or two more than one etc...
    My mum and I are going to start doing this in preparation for when my health worsens - so good to hear it works well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Potato and leek soup- http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1756...+and+leek+soup

Chicken sausage rolls- http://www.4ingredients.com.au/blog/...-sausage-rolls

Greek salad- http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2574...sy+greek+salad

Beef stir fry-http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14003/basic+beef+and+vegetable+stir+fry (substitute veg for whatever you have!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Download 4 ingredients app... Best few dollars you'll ever spend with great cheap and easy ideas!!